65 plate cupra 280 radio?!

Feb 20, 2019
Hello all, I've just secured a cupra 280 for a really low price.... it's got 20k on the clock and only 1 issue that I can see ;).

The radio unit does not work (power on) is this a common fault or not.

Also it maybe related but when test driving it, I pressed the cupra button it lights but goes straight off is this due to the head unit issue? No fault lights on dash and it's not had diagnostics. Should I stay clear or go ahead with a great deal.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hello all, I've just secured a cupra 280 for a really low price.... it's got 20k on the clock and only 1 issue that I can see ;).
The radio unit does not work (power on) is this a common fault or not.
Also it maybe related but when test driving it, I pressed the cupra button it lights but goes straight off is this due to the head unit issue? No fault lights on dash and it's not had diagnostics. Should I stay clear or go ahead with a great deal.
Thanks in advance.
Mike
A lot depends on what you call a great deal and what Infotainment system it has. If it has the standard MIB2 unit (although it is possible it may be MIB1 unit) and if it's that that is faulty then it could be less than £500 to replace including SD card for maps. But if it has MIB2 High unit then that will probably be over £1000.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members