68 plate cupra, looking at JB1. Need advice.

Harrison21

Jan 13, 2019
Does anyone know if the jb1 rev2 will fit straight onto a 68 plate cupra? Even though they have GPF is there a difference.

I’ve been told that it should be plug and play and left in map 1 as it’s DSG.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cupra Belfast

Jun 11, 2016
Does anyone know if the jb1 rev2 will fit straight onto a 68 plate cupra? Even though they have GPF is there a difference.

I’ve been told that it should be plug and play and left in map 1 as it’s DSG.

Any advice would be appreciated.
You should email George at Burgertuning, [email protected] with your question. he's very helpful. I've had a JB1, then upgraded it to the JB4 when it came out on a 2015 car (no idea about British reg years btw) They're well worth it. No going lean at the high end is a big draw for them, as pretty much all other tuning boxes do. Map 6 allows for ability to tune to suit additional modifications. The logging function is cool too. No TD1 flag. If you remove a JB1, there's no way to tell the car has had it installed. Handy for warranty minded folk.

Reactions: bandit77

bandit77

Apr 28, 2005
Nr Preston
I can't see there being a problem myself, i'd have thought the sensors it plugs into for the JB1 are the same. I run mine on map 6, but i have a manual. i have a 15 plate 280... but also a 18 plate 300 ST and it looks the same.

Best to check as above though.

Reactions: Cupra Belfast