69 anyone?

Loadmaster748

Roll on summer.....
Aug 2, 2019
Surrey, UK
69 Plate? I've just bought one, brand spankers with 12 miles on the clock - I pick it up next Tuesday [B)]

Was meant to wait until the new '20' plate came out next spring and had almost certainly decided to
return to the FCA fold - then got tempted by a 'run-out' bargain of a Golf 7.5 wagon, (which won't actually
be replaced by the Mk.8 wagon until about this time next year.) This handsome, (if unexciting) beast ticks
so many boxes that I couldn't say no, despite the 15% chance/risk of it being a 'kangarooing' 1.5 EVO.

So, not SEAT but VAG none the less, (for better or worse) and of course similar in many ways to a Leon.
This now means the trusty '59' plate Proton Persona Ecologic is now up for grabs on AutoTrader for
anyone interested in a smart/reliable cheapie, (South coast Sussex area)

What's with the 'kangarooing' 1.5?

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
What's with the 'kangarooing' 1.5?
As has been noted on various car forums, some cars fitted with the 'new' 1.5 EVO petrol engine demonstrate
hesitation, ranging from mild to quite dangerous when pulling away, especially when cold.

VW responded to customer complaints saying there was nothing wrong with those afflicted cars and it was
down to people getting used to the car and/or driving style. They went-on for months like this before finally
admitting that there was a problem, (2 in fact) on a 'small percentage' of cars after a few customers had
successfully rejected their new Skoda/VW/SEAT/Audi 1.5 as being not fit for purpose.

Most dealers played-along with the official VAG line of pretending to know nothing about it/denying any issue,
even after it had become well-known on the t'internet - but at least a few did back-up their customers from the
start and all of them have had an official memo from VW about it by now, wether they care to admit to it or not
to those affected customers. Briskoda, T-ROC owners and Honest John websites have a lot of info about it.

After only 3 days, it's too early to say if my new Golf is affected or not, it has hesitated on me once so far, but
I've got to give it the benefit until I know the car better. You can be sure I'll be on the dealers's case if it does
turn-out to be a wrong 'un.

Reactions: Loadmaster748

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
As now mentioned on another thread, my Golf seems to be one of those DADA-type '150'- engined
VAG cars so affected. Armed with info kindly supplied elsewhere on this site, I was able to get the
dealer to agree to an update with no arguments. It's booked-in for early January.