** 6n Polo Clocks - Mk2 Ibiza **

Emms

Heya

Will these 'clocks' go straight in my Ibiza (as I want a rev counter!:p) or is there anything I should be changing/adding?:confused:

Any Help Please?:funk:

Thanks

dirtbiker

Dec 28, 2006
Southampton / Nottingham
Straight in, only things to note are that the polo clocks light up green and you'll have a new mileage figure (unless you're extremely lucky!)

On mine I had to remove one of the warning light bulbs as it was always lit, can't quite remember what it was for though, sorry!

Emms

My Ibiza is a 1.4 Estillo 1999 - The clocks I am thinking of buying are from a 1998 (approx Polo) sam sort of shape as the Ibiza.... Just a case of swapping the units and all works?

Thanks

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
I put polo clocks in mine and they worked fine apart form water temp light flashin at me,mine a 1.6 only differance was i had 6k on the rev counter on the polo had 7!still worked though,i took mine out coz iv go 67k on the clocks and polo had 124k,i wount be to botherd if i didnt have a full service history!

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
My Ibiza is a 1.4 Estillo 1999 - The clocks I am thinking of buying are from a 1998 (approx Polo) sam sort of shape as the Ibiza.... Just a case of swapping the units and all works?

Thanks

have your original clocks got a clock where the rev counter is on the polo ones?
if your original clocks didnt have a rev counter then as far as i know you will need to wire the rev counter up.think they are normally fed off the alternator

Chrisdaman

1 gearbox dead, any more?
Mar 21, 2007
Kingston
www.flickr.com
not the rev counter in the corsa i had, there was a cable coming out of the gearbox, and it went into the back of the clocks. I fitted GSI clocks to a 1.4 8v, they worked fine

but they were mechanical, not electrical

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Whats a red strip,them dials look stunning!were do i get a set and how much?

those dials are a standard gti 16v speedo but mines not quite standard anymore

the red strip sits on the top under 2 x 509 bulbs to make a coloured glow i've pulled mine out as they are now blue led versions

did you solder in some of your own LEDs? how hard was it, as i want to put LEDs in mine

the traffic lights are reloacated warning lights as the strip of clear ones at the bottom in their place is a sequential shift light i'm trying to squeeze inside

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Nice 1bet its a pain in the arse,bet it will look gond tho,right gona hunt myself some of them clocks!any idea how 2 adjust the mileage?

lcjay

Jul 8, 2006
London
Nice 1bet its a pain in the arse,bet it will look gond tho,right gona hunt myself some of them clocks!any idea how 2 adjust the mileage?
you can get the mileage re calibrated.loads of places do it these days.costs around £30

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I have a set of used Arosa clocks for sale which are the same as the MK4 polo with 53K on them if you want some pics and dimensions. Also bought some green LED bulbs from germany which, require some soldering if your interested.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.