80k Service Cost?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Just dropped Leon off for 80k service today...

So was wondering what sort of prices people have paid for their 80k service on 1.9 tdi (I assume would be very similar no matter which bhp model the engine is?).

Dropped it off at 8:30am this morning, and they said it should be ready about 4 or 5pm!! Never had a service last that long before. Worried that it's gonna be an expensive one :(

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Just dropped Leon off for 80k service today...

So was wondering what sort of prices people have paid for their 80k service on 1.9 tdi (I assume would be very similar no matter which bhp model the engine is?).

Dropped it off at 8:30am this morning, and they said it should be ready about 4 or 5pm!! Never had a service last that long before. Worried that it's gonna be an expensive one :(

lol I doubt they started it at 8.30 and finished it at 5pm? :cartman:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
It was £182 in total!

Could have been nearly £300 if cambelt and that needed replacing, but luckily it didn't. But will need doing at next service at 90k

Only problem they did have was my alloys had started to bond with the wheel hub or something???

And also one the screw threads that hold the engine cover on wont come out, so was hard to access oil filter.
Said I might aswell rip/hack cover off & get another from a scrappy, or just leave it without one on, as apparently on my engine it's not really needed at all!

All in all though, car is running sweet as a nut... apart from struggling to start still when temps are below freezing!!