8v or 16v - I think I have been had

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
Need some help quick please i think ive been had.

Let me explain things as best as i can with my little car knowledge that i have.

I have just put a deposit down on a cupra sport 2 litlre what i belived to be a 16v. (as it was advertised)

However after looking under the bonnet (and not knowing much about cars) the car had an engine that looked exactly like the one found in this car:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ars/2l_to_2-5l/page/1/sort/priceasc&logcode=p
(picture of in the engine bay!)

which funnily enough is also listed as a 16v??

I have shown this picture to a friend who claims that the engine in the picture above is a 8v not a 16v? is that correct? If that is so then the on i have put a deposit down on is also the same.

I have called the seller who claims that it was listed and advertised as a 16v

but i thought the 16v had engines that looked like this?:

http://www.joshritchie.co.uk/images/car/engine1.jpg

Ive put a deposit down on the car, and dont know if its the 16v or not? HELP PLEASE!!!

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
plopage, thanks for the replies. im getting the guy to send me a picture tomorrow of the engine just incase i dont remember what i saw properly? He said that auto trader listed it automaticly as a 16v with the reg? any ideas on that one?

Its a shame because i wanted the 16v for speed but there are none around here for sale. i travled 60 miles to view the one i put a deposit down on today.

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
GTKEZZ: that is not the car (green one) i put deposit down on its just a pic for example. the green one on auto trader is listed as 16v in other details tabs

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
you've only been had if you've paid for it.
looks tidy enough from pics but 1350 for a P reg?
does that black spoiler with Kiwi work for anyone?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
It says:-

Fuel consumption (urban) 23.7 mpg
Fuel consumption (extra urban) 44.1 mpg
Fuel consumption (combined) 33.6 mpg
0 - 62 mph 7.9 seconds
Top speed 134 mph
Cylinders 4
Valves 16 v
Engine power 150 bhp
Engine torque 133 lbs/ft

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
Please note the green kiwi one in the link is not the one i have put a deposit down on its an orange one which has been removed due to possible sale. I have called the guy he said he will look into it tomorrow I got it for £1050 and now need to decide weither the 8v is going to be worth it? or wait an age for a 16v near where i live to come up (which will never happen)

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
I know that the pic of the engine in the green car is the SAME as the one i viewed today. I was curious when i looked under the hood because it was missing the 16v/metal top block as i would describe it. (inlet??)
need to now decide weither the 8v would be worth it? ive only been driving around a 1.6 mk2 golf driver so i suppose it would be a bit quicker then that)

Musty Pie

Feb 25, 2010
Herts
Yeah I suppose. I'm just annoyed because ive wasted a day now because of my incompetence :(
I will wait to get a picture of the engine bay tomorrow from the chappy emailed through and 100% confirm it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.