'96 Ibiza 1.4 collage project. Advice welcomed.

blackdream

Mar 11, 2008
Hi to all guys I'm Mario and I'm from Italy. I drive a '96 Ibiza 1.4 collage. The car has been in family for years but now it become my daily driver because I really like this car. I will not post pics because right now the car is in really bad shape (it looks like a parts car LOL) so for you that have passion for Ibiza will be sad to see it LOL.
1)My project is to do a body conversion with GTI body parts (front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, and spoiler). Honestly I was looking for a body kit but I haven't found anything that look good at last not good as the GTI stock body. I think that the Diesel version has the same bumpers, can anyone confirm me? Looking at pics found on web I would say they're the same. Right now I've the old style bumper and I think they look sad :D
2)Then I'd like to buy that front lights they sell on ebay, I've seen some of you guys have them, any opinion? I've seen they're pretty expensive so I'd like to know how is quality before to buy.
3)I need to lower this car.absolutely. There is so much wheel gap that I can put my entire head between tire and fender LOL. I was looking for some coilovers to be able to adjust ride height, the only one I've found are the ones from ebay for like 200£. Anyone tried it or have any suggestion for this?
4) Is there any place that sell wide front and rear fenders like the Ibiza rally version?

That's all for now, once I'll start conversion I'll post before/after pics
Hi
Mario

lights:
http://cgi.ebay.it/SEAT-Ibiza-2-Hea...ryZ23009QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

suspension:
http://search.ebay.it/search/search...ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

body parts I'm looking for
http://www.sogoric.hr/images/rabljena_vozila/seat_ibiza_gti_big.jpg

Last edited:
Feel free to have a look round my site for idea's and inspirations Mario

www.ibizamk2.co.uk

As for the wide front and rear fenders on the rally car you can not buy them, well not to my knowledge anyway. Diesel body panels are the same as petrol ones :)

Good luck with your project and your English is a lot better then my Italian!

blackdream

Mar 11, 2008
Hi guys thanks for welcome, hope to find all the answer I'm looking for and finally had the ibiza back in road in decent shape :D
I'll keep you updated ;)

blackdream

Mar 11, 2008
guys I need help. I went to seat dealer asking prices for the bumper of the post-facelift. He told me I need also front fenders because they're different from mine. I searched and it seems that this bumper is wider than the one I've right one. Anyone can confirm me? Also, if I buy the post-lift fenders will they fit just plug and play or they need mods too? I've read It can fit on my fenders but if I found an ibiza from a breaker that has the bumper I'm looking for then is a good idea to change the fenders too?
thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members