Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

99 V CupraSport GTi 8v - scrap or sell?

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk2 (1993-1999)' started by Caffienated, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Caffienated

Caffienated Active Member

Hi, been off the board for a while and now running a different car.

My old (c165k but almost unmolested and generally good condition) Ibiza has spent most if the last 15 months sorned and sitting in the garage.

I've come to decide I'm really not going to put her back on the road myself, and obviously there's no tax or test.

I'm pretty sure eBay would be an epic fail - so my question is really would anyone be interested for doing up/show/enthusiast purposes or is the big scrap yard in the sky my best option?

Obviously, by the time odd little inevitable snagging for test has been done she's going to be pushing it to recover the return to road spend on top of scrap value for a non enthusiast...

The only real deviations from spec are Scirocco/Golf 14's (current, near new tyres all round) or 7x 20VT 16's (matching, all poor tyres). There were two sets of 16's till a blowout slid one into a curb.

More details available if anyone's seriously interested...

2. Grayboy

Grayboy Full Member

Ah man if this was 12 months down the line i'd bite your hand off but I have no-where to store it right now.

3. blackturbo

blackturbo Full Member

Youll make more money breaking mate but it depends what you want to see happen to the car!

4. gtikezz

5. andyj

andyj There's no F in Quality..

Save it, there are very few left on the road. RobT put a table up a few weeks back listing the No of Mk2 Cupra's still registered with DVLA and I think it was less than 100!