A cautionary tale - 2015 facelift order

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
Hi Guys, not sure if any of you are contemplating or know anyone contemplating buying the 2015 facelift Ibiza, well my original FR Black Edition was killed back in May and via insurance company a new car has been ordered, which happens to be a facelift FR with Black pack and a few other bits that my original car had. Order placed 23rd August, just chased to see if there was a date for delivery, whilst mine should be November !!!! Dealers are being advised of a 6 month delivery time from the factory. This seems a bit ridiculous for a new version but there you go.

coopersleon

Aug 15, 2015
Kidderminster
Hello, i placed my order on the new Ibiza FR 1.4 tsi facelift at around the end of august, i have been notified that is has a build date of November. I picked the xenons, seat sound, driver profiles and alcantara seats. i knew it was going to be a build but they have told me November. but if this is true then i may not see my car till feb next year? thats bull****

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
Coopersleon, your order should be ok, it's any new orders being placed at the moment that are being quoted as a 6 month delivery. Mine was ordered from Seat in Letchworth who are a top top dealer in my view, had 2 and this will be my 3rd car from them.

coopersleon

Aug 15, 2015
Kidderminster
Oh right i see, I hope thats the case then:) Ive ordered mine from Listers Seat and regret it tbh but as long as the car is great i shouldnt have to see them all that often!

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Coopersleon, your order should be ok, it's any new orders being placed at the moment that are being quoted as a 6 month delivery. Mine was ordered from Seat in Letchworth who are a top top dealer in my view, had 2 and this will be my 3rd car from them.

Hey, I'm new here but on the Leon side. I ordered my Leon 184 FR from Letchworth Seat last week! It's my first new car purchase and my first experience with a main dealer and was getting a bit worried about after sales etc. You mentioned they were good, are they really good? No issues or anything you've had? To be fair they settled my existing finance and threw in a tank of fuel!

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010

6 Months does seem a bit excessive,

Who did you see at Letchworth got 2 cars from their since may last year, alex is a top bloke always happy to help. and their Service Dept I have never had any issues with, apart from they are busy and booking in Repair/Service can be 2-4 weeks wait.

Alex's Nice touch was he remembered and recognised my Partner from when she purchased her C2 from citroen Letchworth in 2009.

Hope your delivery is a bit quicker that expected

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
6 Months does seem a bit excessive,

Who did you see at Letchworth got 2 cars from their since may last year, alex is a top bloke always happy to help. and their Service Dept I have never had any issues with, apart from they are busy and booking in Repair/Service can be 2-4 weeks wait.

Alex's Nice touch was he remembered and recognised my Partner from when she purchased her C2 from citroen Letchworth in 2009.

Hope your delivery is a bit quicker that expected

I feel bad for the 6 month lead time people.

Luckily the Leon I wanted spec and colour wise was already on its way to the UK dealer network so I managed to divert. Should be here next week so that will put it at a 3 week lead time. I was quoted 12 weeks for a factory order until we found this one.

I dealt with Glen at Letchworth and indirectly Alex. Both seem nice and Glen is really good at responding to questions pretty much any time of the day.

Good to hear you haven't had any issues with them though!!

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I feel bad for the 6 month lead time people.

Luckily the Leon I wanted spec and colour wise was already on its way to the UK dealer network so I managed to divert. Should be here next week so that will put it at a 3 week lead time. I was quoted 12 weeks for a factory order until we found this one.

I dealt with Glen at Letchworth and indirectly Alex. Both seem nice and Glen is really good at responding to questions pretty much any time of the day.

Good to hear you haven't had any issues with them though!!

Both of our cars were Pre-reg cars so was easy to do the deal on mine (Esp as my old Ibiza front Suspension has snapped and it was time for a change so was able to take it down and got the new car same day I took the car down, and as the Valet guys had gone home ( it was a Saturday) Alex agreed to let me have the car for a month, get it dirty and then they would Valet it fully a month later + gave me a courtesy car ( Made me realise how cramped the Ibiza SC+5dr are (The ST feels bit more Spacious lol)
had an issue with my partners Ibiza as they had a Dash problem and seat Spain didn't have the correct part at time so we were waiting a few weeks for that to be fixed, but alex kept us updated via email and put rear parking Sensors on for free for it too

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
I Find if you have good service from one guy, then you will continue to go back to them for your next one. we looked at Mazda & Nissan before the Seat for partner and she found the other dealers and Saleman to be to pushy for the sale and put her off.

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
This is a weird thread man. One guy uses the same dealer as me and the other lives where I used to live! My family is still up that way, I grew up in Halesowen. Big up Safari Park :D

Haha I Have used Letchworth Since 2010 when I got my Ibiza, Always took it there for service and repairs TBH,

Lived in Letchworth for 21 Years

Last edited:

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
I Find if you have good service from one guy, then you will continue to go back to them for your next one. we looked at Mazda & Nissan before the Seat for partner and she found the other dealers and Saleman to be to pushy for the sale and put her off.

Exactly, these guys were really relaxed. I'm the pushy one if anything. Now that I have reached my post quota I'll show you some pics when I get it. I know its a Leon in an Ibiza thread but we are all from the same family :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.