A cautionary tale - 2015 facelift order

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Exactly, these guys were really relaxed. I'm the pushy one if anything. Now that I have reached my post quota I'll show you some pics when I get it. I know its a Leon in an Ibiza thread but we are all from the same family :)

Will be Good,

I really want a Leon but I cannot afford the prices lol, when my renew my car I think ill just go for another Toledo Love the car and space inside :) Bigger boot than Leon lol,

Plus im 25 now and prefer the space over speed haha, so the 1.2 TSI does me, what makes me want a Leon is the Cupra 280 will cost me £30 a year more on Insurance haha

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Mine was 25k so not cheap BUT with Seat 0% finance and the dealer settling my existing finance (Insignia SRI CDTI) which is worth £1.5k less than the finance was worth (DEPRECIATING LOAD OF JUNK) The overall deal was worth it. Saved me a quid a month on insurance too, hah!

I'm 28 with a 2 yr old daughter. Gave up my BMW 330cd when she was born and got the Mondeo ST followed by the Insignia. Regretted every second of both of those purchases! Hopefully the Leon will satisfy me a bit more :D

Joe_3490

Sep 20, 2010
Mine was 25k so not cheap BUT with Seat 0% finance and the dealer settling my existing finance (Insignia SRI CDTI) which is worth £1.5k less than the finance was worth (DEPRECIATING LOAD OF JUNK) The overall deal was worth it. Saved me a quid a month on insurance too, hah!

I'm 28 with a 2 yr old daughter. Gave up my BMW 330cd when she was born and got the Mondeo ST followed by the Insignia. Regretted every second of both of those purchases! Hopefully the Leon will satisfy me a bit more :D

Nice,

My Toledo and Ibiza were both £13K, but we are on the PCP finance, so hopfully when I trade it in I will have some equity towards another, Its a shame you cannot really PX with Carwow or DTD as that would really sway me or costs lol

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
Hydrostatik, in answer to your question, I used to deal with Edward, until he left, he was very good and always remembered my name etc. The service department have been very good when they have been used, I purchased my first from them in 2011, then my original FR Black in January this year and then ordered my replacement in August, don't get me wrong the Letchworth team are great and cannot fault them, its the factory and those making the decision to hold back production and release of the cars from Barcalona, especially on a new version.

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
Thank for the reply alijay, I'm lucky enough that the exact spec and colour was already earmarked for a UK delivery. There was only one so i got super lucky.

Joe, you should be in equity for sure. The entire Seat range looks to keep value well. Even the MK2 Leons are keeping value really well even with MK3's well into their run. its encouraging!

Last edited:

jammymark

Apr 23, 2010
Nottingham
Depends when the next slot is at the factory to build ibiza's. Bear in mind that they have to change all the tooling over etc. The factory that builds ibiza's also builds the Audi A4 so you can understand why their busy!

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
It has nothing to do with that, Seat hierarchy decided to hold back all new vehicles and only made the bare minimum stock for showroom and demo's. If you ordered a facelift ibiza before September, then you will prob get it in November, after September then you will be looking at anything up to 6 months.

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
Quick update, just heard from the dealer, my car is now not being built till week 47(w/c 16th Nov), this is then giving an expected delivery of between week 49 and 51, the order was placed in August. My first FR Black was Ordered in Nov'14 and Delivered Jan'15 which when taking Christmas into consideration was quite swift, my Copa Eco was July ordered and September del, again there was a factory shut down in August so again very swift. This delay is due to SEAT management (not dealer) not planning ahead. I feel for anyone who placed an order recently.

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
Just an update on this, so any new Ibiza orders except the FR should either have been or are being built. FR orders are not going to start to be built until November (mine is currently week 47). This was the plan all along from the Seat hierarchy, No amount of chasing, bribery or threats of violence will change this policy. Just want to say well done to senior management at Seat for coming up with this idea and for not communicating this back to your dealers and more importantly your customers.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members