A few questions

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Hello everyone

Does anyone know what is classed as the best shampoo and polish (for black cars) or that is the most popular shampoo and polish?

I use Autoglym shampoo and Turtle Wax (solid) polish and its good but didnt know if there is any better than that?

I have a few scratches by my passenger door handle and some stone chips on my bonnet and wings which dont seem to get any better even after polishing

Is there anything i can do to help these (without using touch up paint or getting them resprayed) as i dont know what else to try?

Thank you for your help

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
I personally use P21S Shampoo, dont use a polish - prefer a cleaner called CarLack-68 that also puts an acrylic seal on the car. After that I normally top up with a decent carnauba wax such as P21S.

EVOIX4.jpg

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
Cheers guys - love the car to pieces but will probably end up doing me some damage one day. ;)

X20HER: I got it from the DVLA when the 04 plates first came out - it originally used to be on my previous Evo (VIII MR) and then transferred it to the IX as soon as the car arrived in England and its SVA was complete.

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
X20HER said:
EV04 EVA - what a nice touch. Do you think the cops will pull you over for the spacing?

Its always possible but fingers crossed I have not been pulled yet about it and I've had countless police cars tailing me before turning off.

I guess as long as their ANPR systems can read the plate they are probably not too bothered about it, but it only takes one of 'em... ;)

update:

Unbloodybelievable - I have never been stopped for the plate in the two years that I have owned it until yesterday (Sunday 19th). Got off with a lecture but blimey - sods law. :(

Last edited:

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
CupraTgirl said:
Hello everyone

Does anyone know what is classed as the best shampoo and polish (for black cars) or that is the most popular shampoo and polish?

I use Autoglym shampoo and Turtle Wax (solid) polish and its good but didnt know if there is any better than that?

I have a few scratches by my passenger door handle and some stone chips on my bonnet and wings which dont seem to get any better even after polishing

Is there anything i can do to help these (without using touch up paint or getting them resprayed) as i dont know what else to try?

Thank you for your help

Sorry I forgot to add: You really cant do much for stone chips with the exception of filling them in with colour pen from Seat and then waxing over and sealing. With regards to the scratches around the door handle I would advise Meguiars MIRROR GLAZE FINE-CUT CLEANER #2 around the surrounding area. Do about two passes and then finish it off with Meguiars DEEP CRYSTAL PAINT CLEANER #30 . If your paintwork is in pretty good nick then I would finally blend it in with Meguiars PROFESSIONAL HAND POLISH #81.

You will get slight hazing with MIRROR GLAZE FINE-CUT CLEANER #2, but dont worry - the other two polishes will smooth these out. Once you are satisfied - get yourself a decent Carnauba wax to add gloss and depth of shine.

Mark

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.