A guide to fitting Audi tt mk1/Porsche996 front seats

cutchie

looks quite easy and a very neat job might have a wee go at this hate the s spec seats

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
One small thing - surely the bracket would have been better at the tunnel side where you can't see it?

could do but the gap would prob be too big between the seat and the center console then so might look wierd, it wouldnt take long to try though as the bracket will just need flipping over to fit the tunnel side

SpongeRob

The seats won't fit further to the outside, the heigt adjuster gets in the way.
It just so happens that I picked up a set of TT seats, the first models, so with less stitching lines.
When I dropped the passenger seat in for a test fit, I saw thta the best way to go is to put them in just the way Trevor did, you roughly keep the same distance between the seat and the center console.

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
yeah i had a look and yep your right the height adjuster gets in the way so this is the only way.

SpongeRob

Fitted the drivers' side chair yesterday and it's just such an improvement.
I can sit a lot lower, can see the climate control- and radio display better and the TT seat is comfier.
All I can say is that I'm glad I did this upgrade. :D
Passenger seat will follow next week.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Another quicky! Are the golf mark 4 seats the same or similar to the tt ones! I kno the a3 straight swop with the tt ones, and thought the a3 is similar the golf??

Cheers

SpongeRob

Any ideas for the rear bench mate? Or just a retrim to match the fronts!?

Retrim is the way to go.
I already had an original leather interior, so I just relaced the front seats and leave it at that.

May 22, 2009
South Wales
Does anyone kno how different the golf recaros are to the tt seats? has anyone tried these in their cars?

i kno people have fitted them into polo 6n2s and lupo so i assume they would get into the ibizas 9n!

any info?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.