Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

A monumentally stupid idea at Silverstone….

Discussion in 'Motorsport News and Discussion' started by Cadwell, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Cadwell

Cadwell Full Member

Here is the latest brain storm from those idiots at the BRDC. http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35049.

Now, apart from the fact that those corners are going to go missing… just how well do they think a race circuit and residential properties are going to co-exist? How long before the "residents" start complaining about the noise?

2. Craig Senior

Craig Senior I've been Tango'd

Sounds about right for the BRDC. Morons.

3. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

when I read the title I though ' another one'

it's weird though, there is loads (and I mean loads) of land around to build on

F1 is loud, and you can hear it clearly from my work in Towcester, and on the weekend you can hear their 'experience' days - that's 5ish miles away

nobody will want to live there

4. Muzorewa

Muzorewa ¡Muchas gracias señores!

They will, though. That is the problem, and then someone with connections to the local council or in the legal system will post a 'noise nuisance' petition and cause the same problems that Brands, Croft, Castle Combe, Rockingham etc have at the moment, and, like Brands, the circuit was there before the complainants.

Not much chance of the Britcar 24 hrs, then :headhurt:

5. F2 Stu

F2 Stu I. Am. Legend.

What a retarded idea :no:

6. Cadwell

Cadwell Full Member

Every cloud has a silver lining ;)

7. WeeJase

WeeJase pert

funny this has come up.similar but totally different.
    a guy from london bought a house with one of our sewage pumping stations in his garden,we have right of access down his drive,and the station has an overflow,so if it breaks down the sewage will rise in the station and then discharge into the river ,also in his garden.
    he moved in in august and in november it broke down.he played up holy f**k,because we attened the site with tankers and fitters at 8pm at night "without his permission".
    the houses should be bought by petrolheads who will sit in the garden enjoying the soundtrack :)

8. JKM

JKM SCN Sponsor

Are they the corners used in the D1 drifting competion ?
    That would do that series the world of good...NOT!

9. IainW

I was surprised to hear the Porsche Carrera Cup cars last year when I opened my friend's bathroom window 8 miles down the road in Buckingham. :blink: So god knows what it'll be like living next door when F1 cars are passing.

Stupid idea. Not only will it ruin a great F1 circuit, but I fear the people who are stupid enough to buy the houses will protest before long if it all goes ahead. Even though they know what they're buying into. The Great British Public everyone! :rolleyes:

10. F2 Stu

F2 Stu I. Am. Legend.

Where would the GP circuit deviate too? sharp right hand turn before abbey to join the currnet national circuit??

11. Cadwell

Cadwell Full Member

The report says
    So you'ld lose the whole Club/Abbey/Farm/Bridge/Priory section. Presumably they'd hang a right shortly after Stowe - perhaps even turning Stowe into a hairpin and come back up the line of the old runway - and pick up the National Straight at some point then come into Brooklands that way.

#11 Cadwell, Feb 19, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2006