'A' pillar trim removal?

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
I recently bought a Pure Highway digital radio thingy that has a screen mount ariel.
So to keep things nice and tidy I want to run the wire up the A pillar under the trim, then down behind the dash and I'll mount the tuner either in the centre console or in the drivers right knee drawer.
The Pure normally comes so it can be taken in and out of the car easily like a sat nav unit (and has a suction mount for the front screen) but I want mine fitted so it can be left in the car without being easily visible to theiving scum.

I've had a good prod around the A pillar trim but it doesn't look easy to get off, I'm sure some of you must have removed it at one point or another, so any pointers?

TIA :)

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
pain mate,to do it properly, the rear door card panel if a 3fdoor has to come off, then the seat belts, then teh b pilar and then the a pillar can unclip

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
so plan A was to take B post off 1st but now plan B is to take A off before B lol!!
That sounds about right! :)

A-pillar trim is easy, just undo the two screws holding the grab-handle in place, and you should then just be able to unclip it. Might need a bit of a pull at the top end to get the first clip out, but after that it should be failry easy. ;)

Cheers Andy, I'm regaining enthsuiasm for doing it now after reading that! :D

Its easy peasy. The rule of interior removal is:

Look for screws, remove if there are any, then yank :p

Yank.....*CRACK*...ooops!!! :help:

Gav_F

Jul 15, 2010
pillar B trim a is a pain! had to order new clips from seat for mine as i broke them ;)

A pillar trim is easy though :)

BeezerDiesel

Minus a Diesel Beezer
Aug 3, 2002
Exeter
Visit site
Ta da!
I now have DAB radio reception.

The B pillar trim did indeed need loosening, but only by taking the grab handle off, yanking the trim clips loose and bending the plastic trim a few inches, the A pillar trim could then be manhandled clear of the area where it sits under the B pillar trim.
The A pillar trim was then unscrewed and unclipped out of the way [it's surprising how long the A pillar trim is once you've actually taken it off the car, it looks so small and insignificant when in place!]. Dead spider removed and DAB ariel cable run down the pillar, then I replaced the trim. It took a good beating to get the A and B pillar trims back in snugly but it all seems to have worked. I feel a little like I've been wrestling with a bear now, after whacking the trims back into position!!!

Thanks for all the advice :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.