A pop and a spark...

Apr 13, 2007
Okay, so I plugged the phone into the ciggie lighter socket to charge this morning and saw a spark and heard a pop come from under the dashboard. Plugged the ciggie lighter back in and its stayed depressed rather than heat up and pop out so I'm guessing the charger blew a fuse.

Before going out in the rain and pulling them all, I don't suppose any one has a manual handy and knows which fuse is likely to have blown and what rating it is?

Ta muchly

EDIT: Apparently it's slot 30 in the dashboard fuse box, and 20 amps according to this on-line version of the manual

Last edited:

Wilkip

Sep 14, 2006
Sounds like what ever you plugged in has its + and - around the wrong way! Or your ciggie socket is wired up wrong.

Outer should be - and centre should be +

Check the device you plugged in!

Apr 13, 2007
Not certain the +/- are incorrect as I've used the charger without issue in the past. Anyways, changing the fuse as released the ciggie lighter so all seems to be back in working order. The phone charger is now dead as a dodo so was probably the culprit.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
If you screw the end of the charger off, the silver 'bullet tip' will have a fuse at the inside end of it, it may spring though, be carefull not to lose it.