1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

A Possible Comeback - Opinions Needed - Leon Mk3

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by VRSLOZ, Nov 13, 2014.

1. VRSLOZ

VRSLOZ Formally SC16v

Afternoon All :D

After a little bit of help!

After a few years away from Seat I've finally managed to get a job where I'm being given a company car! The list is quite extensive and there are a few Seat models on there to choose from. If I was to choose one it would be another Ibiza or the new Leon, of which I have little knowledge of.

Of course it's all down to what allowance I'm given but in the running is the 1.6 TDi Eco and 2.0 TDi SE/FR. It will be easy to say "FR all day long" as that is what I'm thinking but I'd like some constructive feedback on the pro points for the SE and ECO too if possible.

For the Ibiza I'll stick a post up in the MK5 forum.

Thanks all! :thumbup:

#1 VRSLOZ, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  2. andrewpain

andrewpain Active Member

I used my own money and the 2.0 TDi 184 FR was outstanding value. It's such a world away from the 150 to drive (power, torque, multi-link rear suspension), and the package on the FR is great value.
    If your budget runs to it...you need to find out what's "on the list". Don't drive a 184 if you can't have one because it'll break your heart.

3. andrewpain

andrewpain Active Member

PS - hello, and welcome back:)

4. VRSLOZ

VRSLOZ Formally SC16v

haha thanks pal :thumbup:

It's on the list, states Leon Diesel Hatchback 2.0 Tdi 184 Fr 5dr Dsg, just need to workout what contribution I'd need to put in for it.

5. andrewpain

andrewpain Active Member

I didn't look at DSG as my wife won't drive auto's - manual only.
    so if you could live with the manual (and the 184 is a peach with manual changes - all that torque makes you lazy), you might be able to keep that contribution down, or trade up to seat sound, tech pack (unless it's still free) or whatever.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Active Member

Does your company car have to be diesel? If not have a look at the 1.4 ACT petrol.

On my car scheme, the 1.4 is £40 a month cheaper after tax than the 2.0 FR, and £70 a month cheaper than the 184.

You'd have to do a lot of miles to make that back at the pump or love diesels to choose one over the petrol in my opinion.

7. Seastormer

Seastormer Cupra 280/CBF1000

After many Biza's mostly Cupra's and the last was a 2013 MK5 Twincharger, I bought my first Leon and it is a far better motor in every respect. I have the 280, but Auto Express has tested every model from the 1.2 up and nothing they compared them to has beaten any yet. It's a great car what ever variant you choose.:D:D

#7 Seastormer, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  8. jc_boc

jc_boc Back in CUPRA ..... R!

Lozzie my boy!!!!! Welcome back man! :funk: If it has to be a derv FR184 mate...have i ever steered you wrong? ;)

9. Biker

Biker Full Member

Welcome back mate! If you are coming back to Seat the Leon is the way to go. Like Seastormer I have progressed from a series of Ibiza's to a Cupra 280 and what an amazing car it is but even the lower spec cars are good. I had a 1.2 SE as a courtesy car and even that was a good car to drive.
    If you can get an FR on your company scheme, do it! I'm sure you won't regret it......

10. VRSLOZ

VRSLOZ Formally SC16v

Thanks for the input mate

Afraid so, all the cars listed are diesels or hybrids :( thanks for the input though :)

Great input. thanks mate

:lol: you again ;) love you really!

Thanks mate, I remember your Ibiza MK5 from before. Thanks for the advice :)