A Small Problem

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
For a few weeks now i have had a small problem witht the car.

If i lift of the throttle when accelarating hard at high revs it runs on itself for approx half a second.

It backs of for a split second, then it is like someone has put the throttle pedal down again. It only happens at high revs when lifting off from full throttle.

It doesn;t sound like much, but when your backing of for a corner it can be quite frightening.

There are no fault codes, i have carried out basic settings on the throttle body and it makes no difference.

Has anyone experienced this problem? or got a fix for it?

Some people have said it could be the boost controller, but i cant see how.

Ibiza Cupra

i do have a similar thing. when i let off it seems to caryy on revving for a sec. also when i change gear it also revs after i let off and put the clutch down. but mine has come up wit the EPC light a a fault code of "Clutch Pedal Switch". Hope this helps. haven't had a chance to fix it yet but might pop into seat today to see how much and i'll let you know.

kieran_cupra

Yellow n Black works!!!!
Apr 15, 2006
Nottingham
white clip on the top of the clutch pedal, they pop out ,Terrible design thin plastic threads into a metal plate

Kieran

slimjimvw

Jul 28, 2006
Exeter , Devon
I have also had this problem now you mention it , very frustrating , i put it down originally to operator error as i'd not had the car long (getting used to fly by wire etc) but i will check the sensor , not fault codes on vAG-COM though !

Ibiza Cupra

yeah i thought it was me being a big footed clumbsy idiot pushing the clutch down to early!!!! But definately not my fault!!!! Bloody car!!!!!

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
Kincardineshire, scotland
sorry to dig this up, but mines has started doing this. has anyone found a fix for this?

whats happened lately - my car was under performing, fitted an air mass sensor - then it went like it should!

now today, we were trying to find out whether my mates cupra was under performing, so we fitted my maf - didnt make to much difference if any! we fitted it back on to mine, now its over revving!!!!

seems to be when on full throttle, then lifting off to change gear, the rev's are picking up between 500-750rpm above where i have changed gear. (eg changing at 4000, then it rises to 4500...)

anyone with much ideas?

everything is fitted fine etc, reset the throttle body (something i was told to try, ignition on til a bussing noise went away then start)

Ibiza Cupra

Yeah i fixed mine,

Take off the fuse cover under the steering wheel, then undo the four screws at the bottom, removing the air redirector for the heating by your feet then the big bit of plastic that covers up the top of the pedals.

On the clutch pedal you will see a white plastic srew. This has probably come loose / popped out, if there isn't enough thread you'll have to get a new one which is £7 from SEAT, but temporarily try screwing it / pushing it back in. If your EPC light is on it will put it out aswell.

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
nice one. I will have a look toomorrow.

I also noticed that if you give it say 20% throttle in 1st gear and let the revs build up, when it hits 5000 RPM it takes of on its own which is very scary

Ibiza Cupra

yeah but i'm sure with your spec 20% throttle is bloody scary anyway!!!!!!

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
was your problem the same as i described above???

will defo have to get stuck into it the morn, do you have the part number for the clip? i have no seat dealer, and its easier to phone with part numbers.

cheers

dav

SEAT owner no more...
Feb 2, 2006
today with my car, the epc light came on and it doesnt seem to be over revving...

will this be connected to the clutch pedal switch???

** just read the whole post again, answer found**

mwarr777

May 11, 2018
sorry to dig this up, but mines has started doing this. has anyone found a fix for this?

whats happened lately - my car was under performing, fitted an air mass sensor - then it went like it should!

now today, we were trying to find out whether my mates cupra was under performing, so we fitted my maf - didnt make to much difference if any! we fitted it back on to mine, now its over revving!!!!

seems to be when on full throttle, then lifting off to change gear, the rev's are picking up between 500-750rpm above where i have changed gear. (eg changing at 4000, then it rises to 4500...)

anyone with much ideas?

everything is fitted fine etc, reset the throttle body (something i was told to try, ignition on til a bussing noise went away then start)

Did you ever get this fixed? i have the exact same problem, and i have tried so many things... it is so frustrating, i need to sell the car and i cant if it revs between gear changes would really appreciate knowing how you fixed this(i know it was a long time ago)

mwarr777

May 11, 2018
was your problem the same as i described above???

will defo have to get stuck into it the morn, do you have the part number for the clip? i have no seat dealer, and its easier to phone with part numbers.

cheers

Did you ever get this fixed? i have the exact same problem, and i have tried so many things... it is so frustrating, i need to sell the car and i cant if it revs between gear changes would really appreciate knowing how you fixed this(i know it was a long time ago)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members