A Starter :)

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Hey, Jamie here. Currently 17 and just purchased a 2012 Seat Ibiza S Copa 1.2. It's my first car (as you would probably presume) and in the short time I have owned it I have simply fell in love with it. Why not something more powerful? Well... Being 17 and a first year driver, insurance is sky high (and yes I do have a black box). Anyway less about the insurance. I've loved cars for years, however in the past my limitations were looking at/watching them (or being a passenger). I'm so glad that isn't the case anymore ahaha. It's been long wait but im finally on the road! Plus with The Ibiza Cupra (2009-2017) being one of my favourites, its a pleasure to own and drive something so "similar" (btw is it just me who loves the steering wheel?!).

Thinking about coming to Trax if I can, might drag a mate along aswell. If I do come i'll hopefully see some of use and your cars. Hopefully that introduction was okay. See you on the net.

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
Hey, Jamie here. Currently 17 and just purchased a 2012 Seat Ibiza S Copa 1.2. It's my first car (as you would probably presume) and in the short time I have owned it I have simply fell in love with it. Why not something more powerful? Well... Being 17 and a first year driver, insurance is sky high (and yes I do have a black box). Anyway less about the insurance. I've loved cars for years, however in the past my limitations were looking at/watching them (or being a passenger). I'm so glad that isn't the case anymore ahaha. It's been long wait but im finally on the road! Plus with The Ibiza Cupra (2009-2017) being one of my favourites, its a pleasure to own and drive something so "similar" (btw is it just me who loves the steering wheel?!).

Thinking about coming to Trax if I can, might drag a mate along aswell. If I do come i'll hopefully see some of use and your cars. Hopefully that introduction was okay. See you on the net.

Good place to start. I’m sure as time goes on you will develop into a CUPRA owner.

If you are coming to Trax I’ll see you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on passing your test.

You've got many years to get all the cars you want lol

Like above if you fancy seeing some other cars including an ibiza cupra I think we have a forum meet at Donnington race track for the Trax event in July if that's of any use to you?

You'll have to get some pics up.

Boroboy

Apr 28, 2019
Hello & welcome to the forum, looong time ago when I bought my first car. Something you'll never forget. Hope you enjoy it. You've started with a decent manufacturer, bonus.

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Good place to start. I’m sure as time goes on you will develop into a CUPRA owner.

If you are coming to Trax I’ll see you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope that development does occur. Would love to own a Cupra. And yeah I should be going. Just need to double check the date and stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Hello and welcome to the forum. Congrats on passing your test, do you have any plans to modify?
Thank you for the welcome.Atm I do not have any plans to modify. Insurers don't seem to like young drivers with mods. Don't know why tho .

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Thank you for the welcome.Atm I do not have any plans to modify. Insurers don't seem to like young drivers with mods. Don't know why tho .

Insurers don't like young drivers at all! Should get better as the no claims goes up though. I heard the first year no claims is the biggest discount.

Reactions: Maypack and Keros

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on passing your test.

You've got many years to get all the cars you want lol

Like above if you fancy seeing some other cars including an ibiza cupra I think we have a forum meet at Donnington race track for the Trax event in July if that's of any use to you?

You'll have to get some pics up.
Thank you very much . I do have quite a long time. Quite proud of the Copa tho. Beats the Corsas quite a few people seem to get at my age. I'll upload some pictures soon, and I should be attending Trax.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Hello & welcome to the forum, looong time ago when I bought my first car. Something you'll never forget. Hope you enjoy it. You've started with a decent manufacturer, bonus.
A decent manufacturer indeed, no bias at all there . True tho. I'm already so proud of this little Ibiza. It definitely won't be forgotten. It'll always have a place in my heart ahaha.

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Insurers don't like young drivers at all! Should get better as the no claims goes up though. I heard the first year no claims is the biggest discount.
That is true. Insurance was steeeep. My mates Mini One 1.6 went from £2200 with a black box first year to £800 with or £1400 without second year so I definitely have to agree with the first year NCD being seemingly the biggest one. The NCD will definitely help me out. It's alot of money for a 17 year old college student who works part time.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Hi and welcome.
When you come round to insurance renewal time please feel free to drop me a line. I'd be only too pleased to try and help.
Regards,
Dan.

Reactions: Keros

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Welcome, enjoy your freedom, drive safely and build up your no claims!
The freedom of driving is so good, not having to rely on others/public transport to get to places is so much better. I need that no claims bonus tho! Don't die and build up my no claims. It's a win win really

Reactions: Legojon

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
If anyone wanted to see the car I've finally got a picture
08c01d8db2ba0853c85b4bc6e6ac860c.jpg

Reactions: Legojon

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Welcome, that's a very solid first car you have there.

Enjoy it and if you do get the Ibiza bug then you should know there are some great options in the 5th gen Ibiza range to upgrade to once you have a couple of years NCD under your belt!

Reactions: Keros

Keros

Apr 30, 2019
Welcome, that's a very solid first car you have there.

Enjoy it and if you do get the Ibiza bug then you should know there are some great options in the 5th gen Ibiza range to upgrade to once you have a couple of years NCD under your belt!
Thank you very much mate. Plan is to stick with this, build up some no claims and take it from there. I do very much like Ibiza's tho ahaha.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members