A stop gap to a full cat back or turbo exhaust for a bit more noise...

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Hi guys, I was thinking what I could do to make the exhaust a bit louder on my Cupra for the smallest outlay of cash as possible.

I was going to get a Cat back but I decided I would try and remove the middle box from the standard exhaust system to see how it would sound. So I took the car to my local powerflow dealers today and got the work done.

Here is the results in the thread below in post number 39 on the second page

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255363

Any questions just ask

:)

Aaroncupra

Last edited by a moderator:

Poverty

so you thrashed her yet and got the exhuast nice and hot? Any pops or bangs, or a more burbly sound on lift off?

How much louder is it?

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
Pov,

Yeah mate I was out last night getting it nice and warm :) Still no big pops and bangs but it definitley burbles when you lift off the throttle. My mate has a full milltek turbo back non res system and it aint as loud as that but a good improvement in noise over standard for the minimum out lay.

I must get a mate to video a drive by vid for you guys in the next few days.

Poverty

would this mod affect the car in passing its MOT? sry if its a stupid question but this might be a good idea for me until / if i get a TBE:banned:

I wouldnt think that it would. Apparently a GTI with a decat passed the emission test during its MOT the other day.

LeonFR07DSG

Aug 15, 2008
Hertfordshire
hmmm ok cool... so im guessing that middle box is just there to quieten the exhaust as standard then... not for emmisions... as thats the CATS job....:blink:

might get this done then... £40... hmm dunno if i can find someone to do it for that cheap....

Poverty

hmmm ok cool... so im guessing that middle box is just there to quieten the exhaust as standard then... not for emmisions... as thats the CATS job....:blink:

might get this done then... £40... hmm dunno if i can find someone to do it for that cheap....

ye just to quiten it down. Think I might get mine cut out. Just google powerflow and go to your local dealer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.