A up from old bloke in Derbyshire

May 26, 2019
Derbyshire
A hello to all, joined the forum a couple of weeks ago to help me find my way round my 08 Léon fr 170, very nice well maintained car , but since I have owned it guess what it’s slung it down with rain and exposed the soggy sound proofing. So been busy looking at all the remedies from all to try and solve the problems. So before I start that job thought I’d clean out what I thought was the water drainage route, bad move, took off the wiper blades to get the trim off at the bottom of the screen and yes snapped the dam thing off. Bet I’m not on my own. Must have took a fair few off over years all right hand threads. So now to right a wrong any ideas please , is it main dealers or EBay part number anybody.
So that’s my introduction hope I can be of use to anyone in the future .
Thanks. Derek

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Welcome. Not a great start LOL. Oh well. If you post requests for the bit you've broke in either the Horton or Listers forum sections, one of their guys will give you a price for a replacement. Not sure really what to say on the soggy soundproofing. I have my MK2 Cupra where it's been completely sealed with silcone seal and works well. And my 1.6 MK2 Sport where TBH I couldn't go through it all again and just threw the soundproofing in the bin and didn't bother sealing it.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.