• 17" Wheel's, probably audi TT 6 spokes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 16" Wheels, probly the VW Golf M44 GTI Montial 2's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tsmithy

Hey Guys,

Ive done some reseach and cant really find a definative answer. :confused:

Had my Ibiza TDI Sport for a couple of months now and am looking at getting some new alloys.

I have seen some 6 spoke Audi TT 17" wheels for sale locally that look quite good and after doing some research I think they should fit without problems.

The question I have is will this ruin my ride, I do 60-odd miles a day and I dont want to have a bumpy/tramling car.

I know that the later FR's and cupras have 17"s as standard (mine came with 16"s), did both of these cars have different suspension to work with bigger wheels.

Can I have some advice on this please and possible any experiences that you have had. Thanks :)

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
17" should run fine with your car mate, if it isn't lowered and the wheels are not a stupid width or offset or anything then it should be ok.

Mickylad

Ibiza TDi
Jan 9, 2010
Ballymena
Sorry totally misread the question, on the topic of comfort, they could be abit firmer over bumps, but motorway driving should be unaffected.

Make sure the tyres will fit the Ibiza as if they are coming off a TT they could have too big of tyres therefore not fitting the Ibiza properly.

tsmithy

thanks, do you know if the later fr suspension is the same as the tdi sport?

Makey_FR

Dec 31, 2008
As MickyLad says you will need to swop the 225 tyres for 205/40/17's so you dont get scrubbage! as long as there 5x100 they will go straight on, i believe the ofset for standard 16" alloys is ET43? (IIRC) if your usure google ofset calculator that will help :) They shouldnt ruin your ride, you probably wont notice a huge difference to be honest!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.