ABS, a dog, and a question

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
spaniels fr said:
I Found that out tonight on a dual carridge way, doing about 70mph and the lights changed to red so slammed the ankers on and the abs kicked in straight away but stopped in time though.

try that in an old cortina :) then say how good or bad abs is

a few hilited a point i made to the old man last week (new car) first time with abs so i took him out an empty car park and showed him what happens and got him to try it

first time he sh*t himself and jumped off the pedal

for those with abs that HAVENT had the experience please do so - its a lot safer testing it and being aware than jumping when it does happen when you NEED it

says nothing for the crappy roads we drive on now though - years ago we had good roads and crap cars now vice versa - cant win eh :censored:

MAdMAtt84

Aug 9, 2004
Canterbury, Kent
yes always take a car that is new to you to a empty car park and give it the work out, abs test, swerve and braking tests, zigzags round the drain holes that kinda business. Its far safer than finding out what your car will and wont do in a situation in which it is to late if you get it wrong.

ABS is good, Ibiza ABS is to sensitive but that is properly the whole setup of the car, now i have coilovers along with the rear spacers from the start its a far nicer more planted car to drive both in the dry and wet.

I dont understand why the brake pedal shudder scares people, its just a little shudder like a small umatic drill, for me im used to holding my cars on the limits of their tyres during emergancy braking manovers. I live in the sticks the road are often partly muddy, 1 and half car widths wide and very bendy (50% blind), its all good fun having the car at its limits but being safe, the car performs perfectly everytime, once you realise you are going to stop ok you can sit back and be amused by the terror on the other drivers face as they struggle to control their car... (*note* at that point you know you'll be safe as you have calcualted they will stop, tho they havent reached that stage yet lol)

MAtt

Mozz

MAdMAtt84 said:
I dont understand why the brake pedal shudder scares people, its just a little shudder like a small umatic drill
I'm guessing a lot of new owners don't realise you feel the ABS through the pedal. If your expecting the pedal to work as normal, just with some sort of techno-wizadry going on in the background to magically stop the wheels locking, then that pneumatic drill feeling is going to feel like.. well, like you've just run over a pneumatic drill ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.