ABS Fault

Txspete

I have done a search and can see that this is not an uncommon problem. Every now and then when stopping at low speed I can feel the abs cutting in and hear horrible sort of grinding noise.

From my searching I have seen some say that it is the control unit that is located behind the gearstick or something like that. I am not very mechanically minded myself so does anyone know if this is easy to replace and also how much they cost?

Thanks

Daniel

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you grab a white line or a manhole cover when pulling up braking it's not uncommon to trigger the abs mind

what sort of time length is it lasting ?

Txspete

Its usually only a few seconds as I come to a stop from around 5mph but the other day it was doing it as I was trying pull away afterwards aswell.

Txspete

The light usually comes on shortly after this occurs. Is is possible to pull a fuse out to turn the abs off whilst I try and get it sorted as it can often extend stopping distances?

Thanks

lbr66cov

Hi
its 1 of the abs sensors thats at fault to test this theory remove your abs fuse and the noise and scrappin,juddering noise will have stopped,replace your fuse and get your abs sensors checked (broken wires etc or just could of packed in) also on your front drive shafts you will notice notiches (groves) where the drive shaft goes through the back of the hub where your abs sensors are locoted aswell (hub) well sometimes dirt and rust get between the ridges on the drive shaft or could chip of if hit (stones etc) the abs sensor cant pick this up,make sure there clean all the way round as the abs sensor counts these ridges,,,,more than lightly a sensor though

cupra-8v

Aug 28, 2009
i would say its a wheel sensor and i would recomend changeing the brake fluid at the same time due to the fact ibiza's never seem to get this luxury, as i think most of us on here know

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.