ABS Fault

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Just replaced my front struts and my dash is lighting up like a christmas tree. I only had to unplug the abs sensor on the drivers side, I also made sure I put the brake wear indicator back into the pad on the passenger side. Car beeps 4 times when I turn the ignition on and keeps flashing constantly, my ABS, Traction control and brake pad indicator light are also on. The car is behaving very strangely and missfiring and stuttering like the traction control is stepping in randomly when it's supposed to be deactivated as a safety measure lol. Plugged in to vcds and it says 00283 and 00285, left and right front abs sensor fault.

I cleaned a bit of metal swarf off the abs sensors so not sure what is going on, a little piece snapped off the pad warning sensor, but not where it goes into the pad, just a bit of the casing. Any ideas?

SlashProm

May 23, 2018
Little update for everyone, the passenger side wiring had a dodgy repair, which I have fixed and code is cleared. Driver side has been complaining for a while on and off, usually when stopping and setting off again. It is now a permanent fault which makes me think the abs sensor has packed in. Any way I can check resistances on it? All I did with the sensor was carefully cleaned the metal filings off it, so either it's given up, or the gap is now slightly too big without the filings there to kind of bridge the gap.

Car is idling rough and stumbling when I rev it up slow, It was fine before I changed the struts but I know a bad abs sensor/wiring wouldn't cause rough running. I think it could be a coincidence and a coil pack may be failing. I'll take it for a spin and see if I get any misfire codes.

*Edit* Cylinder 1 missfire, original beru germany coil pack in there, other 3 have been replaced already, why only 3 I'll never know lol.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.