ABS wires and other parts

Ferret

Jul 24, 2015
Penzance, Cornwall
Hi All

I seem to be having some problems finding parts (again!).
I need front ABS wires as they have been worn away because of rubbing on cv boot prob cause they both seem to have popped out of their keepers! But I'm at a loss. I cant find any front ones on ebay suitable, so I thought I would check out Golf mk3......... is that right? Are they compatible?
The sensors are fine, its just the wires that are destroyed - the ABS activates every time you press the brakes.

Any help very much appreciated....

Cordoba 1997 2.0ltr 16v SX

Many thanks

Ferret :confused:

Ferret

Jul 24, 2015
Penzance, Cornwall
I shall reply to myself then...........! Cars that share some genetics include: Golf mk3, Ibiza mk 2. Polo saloon 6n platform, though yet to find out if it is 1or2-as in 6n1 or 6n2.........can't think of any others at the minute....

Ferret

Jul 24, 2015
Penzance, Cornwall
I tried Eurocarparts and MillAutoquip but to no avail. I did manage to read a number off of the ABS sensor, which was infact the whole wiring loom at a cost of over £400!.Eventually found a local place called Veedubmachine and they were very helpful (they have webpages).

Still waiting for activation email from Vagcat so that I can gather the information.

In then end, I purchased a new plug which attaches to sensor, and some wire that I can connect to damaged bits. As it turns out I cut out the damaged areas and managed to take up the excessive slack in the original wire! Still, if that fails at least I do have the replacement wire and clip!