Abt....for £500!!

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Now that's something I might look at. If it's factory approved, it's more reassuring
ABT modules are already factory approved in Europe if you were going to do it to your current car.

Edit - I know you’re not in Europe but thinking if it gives you peace of mind. I just couldn’t justify £2k at full price compared to a remap cost.

Reactions: LouG

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
SEAT NZ/Cupra NZ are quite small so could probably be leaned on to agree to adopt similar warranty stance to the UK. got quite a few of the SEAT NZ staff on my friend list.

Reactions: Damo H

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
SEAT NZ/Cupra NZ are quite small so could probably be leaned on to agree to adopt similar warranty stance to the UK. got quite a few of the SEAT NZ staff on my friend list.
Nice to know. I have a "special relationship" with the SEAT guys, having bought the first one in NZ. That's not like the special relationship the UK and US have. No one gets screwed in mine.
I'll have a word with Ollie the Tech Director about warranty, and they might even be able to get me a deal.
PS. The Cupra Ateca arrives here next month, I'll wrangle a drive when I'm up in May.

Reactions: Damo H

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Haha I did consider asking them for a job and coming back out to NZ.

Get yourself over to the south island there is an APR dealer there.

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
Just got a reply from abt

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190322-141015_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190322-141015_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 258

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
I just hope they don't charge a silly price like they do for other cars.. is over 2k for golf and s3 etc..

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Just got a reply from abt

The deal they speak about could be the £500 deal for LCR only, if its not I expect it to be £800+

Interesting that Richter are the UK distributors they are based near me, always charge £££ more than most places

Deleted member 103408

Does anybody know if you can retrofit these and keep the warranty in Europe currently.

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
The deal they speak about could be the £500 deal for LCR only, if its not I expect it to be £800+

Interesting that Richter are the UK distributors they are based near me, always charge £££ more than most places
Looking around it seems they are using their engine control unit piggy back which costs around 2k on s3 and golf r so doubt they will sell for 500.. i m hopeful though.. mountune is around 500 but is a flash.

AndrewJB

Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh I suspect it will be very expensive especially if they do offer the warranty. £2k for ABT or 1k for APR know which I'd get.

Moutune have recently stopped offering warranty I read the other day.

Deadly Ferret

Dec 21, 2017
I have over 4 year warranty left so keen to keep it... if I was out of warrenty I would go revo or similar

Deleted member 103408

so I ask the question again Does anybody know if you can retrofit these and keep the warranty in Europe currently.

I suspect on a new car you pay for warranty or in the uk currently my understanding is Insurance policy(which is not free) but can you do it 1 year in to ownership.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise