ABT sportlines

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Sorry to start another thread around lowering springs however I have searched but cant find the answer I want. Basically all I want to know is....are the ABT sportlines exactly the same as the Eibachs? I know they are made by Eibach but are just branded differently. If anyone has any experience with them I would appreciate hearing some opinions as they are a damn sight cheaper than the Eibachs.

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
Most of the abt stuff is made by reputable firms, relabeled by Abt and sold at a large profit. Over here the firm doesn't have a very good reputation (poor quality overpriced tuning) so I would stick with Eibach or H&R

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Well I have found some which to me are just normal sportlines as the drop is the same and they state they are made by Eibach just rebranded. They are £120 brand new.

Someone else must have experience with these?

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
Pretty sure eibach Sportlines are only 150 ish. For the sake of £30 are you willing to take a gamble on some potentially bad quality springs?

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Pretty sure eibach Sportlines are only 150 ish. For the sake of £30 are you willing to take a gamble on some potentially bad quality springs?

Eibachs are £170-180 for sportlines so it would mean a larger saving. I know its a gamble but just wanted to know other peoples opinons and if anyone has had any experience with them. Surely they cant be that bad being made by Eibach?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Not sure I'd want to take the risk to potentially save £50. If you don't like em you live with it or get them removed, try to sell them, then buy the proper thing. Could be expensive!

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Yeah true. It was for opinions only and to see if anyone else had used them. Question is now, do I go for sportlines or Joms?

gunnergibson

Dec 27, 2010
North West
Jake Cupra has been running JOMs and says they are actually ok.. especially for the price.

I would take the gamble on the £120 springs. ABT is a decent firm, and I can't imagine they would sell crap / put their name to it.

If Audi can trust ABT to commission a special edition TT then they must be "ok"

Also i'm in need of some springs for my FL Cupra... :)

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members