Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

abt tuning

Discussion in 'CUPRA Ateca' started by Tony Young, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Tony Young

hi all. just ordered a new 1 for the wife to repalce her honda. we are based in new zealand and was wondering if anyone has tried the abt tuning upgrade. our dealer here didnt know anything about it so any info on dealers and pricing appreciated.

we have a 2 month delay on the copper wheels but otherwise waiting for delivery.

2. BoyRacer

BoyRacer SUV time!

There is a Carwow YouTube video about one.

3. jimiC

jimiC Active Member

Had considered it but got scared off after reading through the "Cupra R ABT issues" thread on here so I'm looking at Revo or APR instead.

There's nothing lost from a warranty perspective as I would still forfeit SEATs due to the ABT being fitted aftermarket, ABTs own 2 yr/100,000km warranty isn't offered in the UK.

4. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

Just go down the APR route and reflash if had warranty issues.

jimiC likes this.
  5. jimiC

jimiC Active Member

Coincidentally Autogefüel on youtube uploaded a video today about the ABT Ateca, buy the car then "send it off" to ABT, pay them €2000 for the tuning box.

6. NZ_Cupra

NZ_Cupra Active Member

Firstly, welcome to another Kiwi on this forum, don’t think there are many of us on here. Maybe due to there not being many Cupra’s on the road here, I hardly seen any others driving around Auckland.

I doubt you will ever be able to get the ABT tune over here as we are just too far away and even if we do there wouldn’t be any warranty.

With regards to other options, you could look at either APR or Unitronic which I have done on my previous Golf R but you will have to expect to void the warranty with these. Even if you remove the flash they can still tell the ECU has previously been flashed. In saying that I had the Haldex controller fail in my Golf R when it was almost 4 years old so out of warranty and had the Unitronic ECU plus DSG Tune and Tristram still had it replaced under warranty, not sure what SEAT/Cupra would be like with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Young likes this.
  7. Tony Young

wow are they that expensive! this was the info i was after. might try tdi tuning box or a jb1/jb4 when we want a bit more.

jimiC likes this.
  8. Tony Young

we bought the silver demo from giltrap seat. found the service and pricing outstanding compared to armstrong mercedes and auckland bmw. wifey was going to buy her 5th honda (crv this time) and i asked her consider others. she was blown away by performance and dcc and full digital screens and really wanted the crystal black but it is hopeless trying to keep a car clean down here in dunedin when they put grit on the road all winter.

9. jimiC

jimiC Active Member

yes the one featured had two upgrade stages; stage 1: tuning box (+50PS) €2000; stage 2 which was by his description just a spring lowering kit - €4000 but that figure seems high for just springs, it had 20" wheels too so maybe that's why he said it was €4k. There's an aero package also which wasn't fitted.

tbh it was getting a bit confusing when he was describing the packages and prices but my understanding, based on enquiries when I was looking at the ST R was that as a factory fitted option the ABT power upgrade would be a £500 addition but ~£2000 as an aftermarket purchase, ~£2k now confirmed by Autogefühl's upload.

#9 jimiC, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  10. Billyray911

Billyray911 Active Member

I was getting a bit confused too, but if that is the final word 2k is crazy expensive for what you are getting.
    Its a shame, as I would be happy to pay a little extra to get an intact warranty.However,from comments on here that the warranty wouldn’t be extended to cover the map in the UK and the pricing;the JB4 and such like is always going to win.
    I’m new to SEAT,so just finding my feet as to what’s out there.