ACC

cejsmith

Mar 19, 2004
Milton keynes
Acc is great ,I’ve had it on all my cars for at least the last 5 years, I drive 20k plus a year and at 54 I would like to think I know what I’m doing. It not auto pilot though so you still need to keep an eye on what’s going on.

I wouldn’t now buy a daily without it, if I want no aids I’ll drive one of my other toys.

Reactions: Damo H and Legojon

Jamie-g

Oct 9, 2018
I specced my 2018 290 pre copper cupra with ACC as so many people told me how amazing it was. I pay £6 extra a month due to this small piece of 5hit box on the front. It has to be the worst thing I’ve ever used. Slams on brakes for no reason. Have it turned to very close and going to overtake a lorry on the motorway it’ll make me slow down going into a faster moving lane. I hate it with a passion.

Reactions: Compo1

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I'd love to see the insurance form or pay out when you say the car braked for me and caused an accident!

I'd wager there's already a form or two with that on. I guess it'd be the same fault allocation as if it was you slamming the brakes on. But with the extra annoyance for the next 5 years you had no control over it.

So... I've only driven a hire car with automatic braking (which scared the sh!t out of me when a plastic bag got stuck to the sensor). It gave me a 3 second warning it was going to slam the brakes on (I didn't even know it was fitted so flapped about in a panic). Is there actually a way to cancel the emergency braking when the warning comes on?

Titchy

Jun 10, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Mixed bag of reviews

I got warned of issues in tunnels, random braking etc quite frankly I’ve never had any of these issues.

I find indicating before moving lanes like your meant to solves the slowing down issue up to lorries.

I love driving but find m1 and m25. A nightmare and stressful.

Horse for courses and all that,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
If you want your car to drive for you hire a chauffeur, otherwise pay attention and drive the car the way your suppose to!

We are just breeding a bunch of people who won't be able to drive correctly and will rely on these driver aids to get from A to B. And thus invite certain drivers to pay less attention and be distracted.

And before the younger generation start saying you don't know what ya on about, I've been driving 23yrs and from the day i passed my test I've driven and had performance cars throughout my life!
Done more motorway driving than most and never ever felt i needed more than cruise control and even then switch it off every 20-30 minute of use so as to not get too complacent.

I'd love to see the insurance form or pay out when you say the car braked for me and caused an accident!

Twice now the anti-crash on my Carbon has kicked in prematurely and nearly caused me to have an accident and both going down country lanes in the lake district!

First 2 things i do when i get in switch off stop start and disable the anti-crash/esc
For sure. God, or whatever, gave us a full set of sensors to use in any situation. If they don't work, catch the bus.

Reactions: Damo H
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members