Accelerating

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
Hi welcome to the forum.

I have a cupra 290 mk3 I have remap stage 1, racingline intake r600, Sachs racing clutch (organic friction plate), I've got Michelin pilot sport 4 S, I've got KW DCC coilovers on the way.
I would like to know what mod will help me put the power down as quick as possible without spinning the wheels all the way into 3rd gear?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Not cheap. Limited slip differential.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I imagine engine mounts would be next - I was at a very similar stage to you when I asked Racingline the same thing - they said engine mounts would be a huge improvement in transfering power to the wheels that actually produced movement.

I got all 3 Racingline mounts - although Racingline do say to only get the upper transmission mount if you're tracking the car.

Revo mounts are a lot less harsh I believe.

Charliessmith

Jun 16, 2017
I imagine engine mounts would be next - I was at a very similar stage to you when I asked Racingline the same thing - they said engine mounts would be a huge improvement in transfering power to the wheels that actually produced movement.

I got all 3 Racingline mounts - although Racingline do say to only get the upper transmission mount if you're tracking the car.

Revo mounts are a lot less harsh I believe.
Did the racingline mounts work? Did they get rid of the wheel spin and make the acceleration faster?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
They certainly helped, but prepare for immense vibrations inside the car. Only my passengers complained. I preferred feeling everything through the steering wheel and having confidence in being able to shift without any chance of wheel hop. Don't get me wrong, the wheels still spin in damp and wet conditions. You can't put that much power through the front wheels and not have any wheel spin.

Deleted member 103408

Have you put in a upgraded dog bone mount yet (you did not say) that is first, Engine Mounts second and the Revo ones are very good i use them on a Stage 3 map and yes I can get traction control kick in but no wheel hop.

Reactions: paddy6789