Accelerator click

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
I've had the car over a year and just came across this. When pressing the accelerator pedal down fully, press a bit more and it clicks down about 1cm more. I thought I'd broke it at first after giving it the beans :Dbut from what I read, it's supposed to do it.

Any one else found this?

Last edited:

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah for dsg, can't imagine it doing anything for a manual. :)

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
Takes the throttle response out of eco if you're in it I believe

I'll give it a test tomorrow and see if I notice anything. I don't see any difference fuel wise between the modes, so usually just leave it in sport.

The Daily Meme

Insta: @thatredcupra
Jan 3, 2018
Cambridge
I have this on the 1.8TSI. Only makes a real differenc ein comfort and eco. Click past it and the throttle response switches into the driving profile above it.
Handy feature when you have that drvier infront of you that can't hold their speed and you just want to cruise

Reactions: MiTz

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
It is the WOT position switch, it has couple or maybe more uses, on all petrol engines it inhibits fuel injection when the engine is being cranked, so that you can recover from a flooded engine situation, and the kick down for auto boxes and/or DSG.

Wide Open Throttle.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Kick down button on DSG. On my manual Golf R, it’s like a push to pass button when in any mode with Eco in it. In Individual mode, I generally have the engine in Eco for cruising - if I pull out to overtake and push the accelerator past the click, there’s a noticeable pick up in acceleration. Don’t know how it works - maybe flips into the Race map whilst pushed but it DOES work. As said above, handy for passing the **** in front who can’t keep a constant speed or isn’t paying attention!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Eco feels noticeably slower than the other modes so I never use it.

Kirky

Copper Cupra Advocate
Apr 10, 2019
I've had the car over a year and just came across this. When pressing the accelerator pedal down fully, press a bit more and it clicks down about 1cm more. I thought I'd broke it at first after giving it the beans :Dbut from what I read, it's supposed to do it.

Any one else found this?
It's the "holy crap I need some power NOW" pedal position.

MiTz

Jul 23, 2018
Thanks everyone for the info. I just tested it on my manual trans in eco mode, and it does indeed give it the extra beans when clicked... Handy :cool:

Reactions: xyz
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.