Accuracy of build estimates

beram

Apr 7, 2015
Ordered 20/04 and taking delivery tomorrow.
Original delivery was planned 15th of august so 1 month late.
5months in total.

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
Ordered 09/09/15 - ST DSG Monsoon Grey with Black Line, Sat Nav High Inc Full Link, Black Leather inc Winter Pack, Seat Sound, Panoramic Roof and ACC. Got given a build week of 46 the following week. Have been told the car should be ready for hand over to me 4 weeks after that but that they will give me a more accurate date 4 weeks before build (week 42) once it gets locked. I am being very impatient! First car I have ever owned from new and I'm desperate for it!

JohnnyDrama

Dec 19, 2006
Lancs
Ordered 09/09/15 - ST DSG Monsoon Grey with Black Line, Sat Nav High Inc Full Link, Black Leather inc Winter Pack, Seat Sound, Panoramic Roof and ACC. Got given a build week of 46 the following week. Have been told the car should be ready for hand over to me 4 weeks after that but that they will give me a more accurate date 4 weeks before build (week 42) once it gets locked. I am being very impatient! First car I have ever owned from new and I'm desperate for it!

Ordered my 5dr Cupra 280 on the same day (9th Sept) Emocion Red with multi spoke alloys and winter pack and have been told it's confirmed for build week 42 (which I'm told is w/c 12th Oct). Hope to get the car mid-Nov based on 4 weeks from build to delivery...

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
I'm jealous! Have you gone for manual or DSG and what body style? The extra 4 weeks for mine would line up with Seat telling me the reversing camera is currently on a 4 week lead. It seems as if everything has a long lead time from Seat. I read elsewhere on the forum that Seat Sound is now also on back order!

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
My car (280 5DR) is ready for collection on Friday (Franchised dealer)

Options: Full link, winter pack and black line pack.

Dealer was confident of September delivery when ordered.

Order: 26th June
Build: Week 33 (TBC)
Collection: 25th September

So 91 days in total including a summer shutdown. Not to bad at all I'd say.

My current Mk3 was 10 weeks from order back in 2013 when the 1.8 was new into production.

rames.iii

Sep 24, 2015
Czech Republic
Hello everyone, this is my first post after months of reading this forum. I've ordered Cupra ST 280 at the end of March and I'm still waiting. I'm from the Czech Rep (sorry for my bad English).

My dealer informed me that new Cupra 290 will be manufactured from March 2016, at the earliest. He has ordered some new cars now at September and these cars will arrive at July 2016, maybe ;)

philhoward

Aug 17, 2015
Seems like a bit of a lottery!

ST FR 1.4TSI with DSG with Tech and Winter Packs, ordered shortly after 22/7, estimated delivery 26/11 I thought that was a long lead time; sounds like maybe not?

Last edited:

bjh_101

Sep 18, 2015
From reading the responses on here, trust me to have picked all the long lead time items!

FR 1.4TSI DSG, with tech pack, full link, adaptive cruise control, sound pack, and safety pack in Alor Blue.

I've been told 14 weeks lead time which will be towards the end of December - that doesn't sound too bad compared to some of the times discussed on here!

rames.iii

Sep 24, 2015
Czech Republic
I think everything depends on the equipment. I heard that the factory is missing some parts quite often. Probably, I'm waiting for my car due missing parts. First term of picking my car was at July!

JohnnyDrama

Dec 19, 2006
Lancs
I'm jealous! Have you gone for manual or DSG and what body style? The extra 4 weeks for mine would line up with Seat telling me the reversing camera is currently on a 4 week lead. It seems as if everything has a long lead time from Seat. I read elsewhere on the forum that Seat Sound is now also on back order!

Gone for the DSG, 5 doors - forgot to say I also added Full Link. I was going to go with the reversing camera also, but I was told it was an extra 4 weeks build time to decided I wasn't that bothered in the end!

When I ordered, was shown the production notes which stated standard wheels were still and extra 17 weeks, on top of the usual lead time - also on the notes was an instruction to dealers to 'up sell' to multi alloys or the black/white/orange line packs - a good sales tactic, wonder what % of people have chosen to pay more for wheels once they find out....

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Yeah I wonder if the so called delay on std cupra wheels is a load of bull to squeeze more money out of the customer. Over 4 months later and the delays are still prevalent

hydrostatik

Sep 14, 2015
Hertfordshire
I didn't order mine from new, was going to but the exact spec and colour i wanted was already heading for the dealer network so we poached it. (5dr, 184 FR, Alor Blue, Tech Pack, Convenience Pack Plus, Full Link, 18" wheels)

Anyway as i took delivery today I thought I would share the timeline of the last leg of the journey for those interested.

- 2nd September - Car was built
- 9th September - I ordered
- 10th September - Car was on boat
- 20th September - Boat arrived in Tyne
- 25th September - I took delivery
- 25th September - Car is awesome

Its a real quick turn around and Seat Letchworth were really good and on form.

Also they mentioned there was an auto call off on the car which meant that instead of being put aside waiting for the next transport it would just get treated as next in queue. The dealers words not mine and i have no idea if it actually made a difference to the turn around time or not.

So there you go, enjoy your cars people :)

Last edited:

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Ordered 28 Aug

Leon SC FR 184 Tech, Alcantara, Winter Pack, Seat sound & PF alloys.

Initially I was given 13 weeks but the dealer rang me after 2 weeks to say build date had come forward by 4 weeks so expecting delivery late Oct or early Nov.

We shall see.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Ordered 28 Aug

Initially I was given 13 weeks but the dealer rang me after 2 weeks to say build date had come forward by 4 weeks so expecting delivery late Oct or early Nov.

We shall see.

Dealer called today to say car is built.

Pinky

Sep 27, 2015
Ordered 28 Aug

We shall see.

Pick it up tomorrow.

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
And today I took delivery of my Cupra 280 ST DSG - Monsoon Grey, Black Line, Black Leather, Winter Pack, Nav High, Full Link, Seat Sound, Adaptive Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof & Rear view camera. Timings were as follows:

09/09/15 - Order Placed
15/09/15 - Build week 46 allocated
06/10/15 - Build week moved to week 44
01/11/15 - Car arrived at port in UK (unknown as to which port)
06/11/15 - Arrived at dealers compound in East Grinstead
11/11/15 - Car arrived with Lifestyle Eastbourne
13/11/15 - I picked up and enjoyed!!

Thought that might be useful for other people who like me were chomping at the bit after placing the order!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.