Adaptions?

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Is it possible to activate
Traffic sign recognition
and
Traffic Jam assist?
I know I need VCDs or OBD11 to do this as I had Vag cars before.
Just wondering what spec do I need in my * ordered * Ateca to be able to enable these?
Thanks

Tell

Staff member
Those two questions have come up before. On TSR you need lane assist on the car. TSR uses that

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/tsr-xcellence-lux.447779/

I added some instructions on the Obdeleven thread taking my cars setting that were factory installed.

See post 65

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-4

I believe the Ateca Xcellence Lux comes with lane assist. Seat changed what you could order and dropped TSR but you can turn it on if you have lane assist. People have. I find it works very well.

On traffic jam you need a DSG and thats as far as I got before, saying get your car and I'll look up the settings which I have on mine in Obdeleven. I have 2017 Ateca, nov 2016, fully specified at the time less the tow bar, so it has all the stuff on it you can't get now.... :). 190 DSG.

Reactions: vectra

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Those two questions have come up before. On TSR you need lane assist on the car. TSR uses that

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/tsr-xcellence-lux.447779/

I added some instructions on the Obdeleven thread taking my cars setting that were factory installed.

See post 65

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-4

I believe the Ateca Xcellence Lux comes with lane assist. Seat changed what you could order and dropped TSR but you can turn it on if you have lane assist. People have. I find it works very well.

On traffic jam you need a DSG and thats as far as I got before, saying get your car and I'll look up the settings which I have on mine in Obdeleven. I have 2017 Ateca, nov 2016, fully specified at the time less the tow bar, so it has all the stuff on it you can't get now.... :). 190 DSG.

I got Carista and am now on Beta,
Can I try these ?
thanks

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
I got Carista and am now on Beta,
Can I try these ?
thanks

If the app for it is in Carista then yes you can try them but if you mean the long coding from the post then I believe long coding isn't supported in Carista.

I am intrigued as to how you get on as I hopefully get my Ateca Xcellence Lux next month and want to enable the very same things. I have read about people getting "Dynamic Sign" errors when enabling TSR so I am keeping my fingers crossed I won't get that issue. Mine will be a MY20 model.

If you have already got TJA sorted please point me in the right direction.

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
If the app for it is in Carista then yes you can try them but if you mean the long coding from the post then I believe long coding isn't supported in Carista.

I am intrigued as to how you get on as I hopefully get my Ateca Xcellence Lux next month and want to enable the very same things. I have read about people getting "Dynamic Sign" errors when enabling TSR so I am keeping my fingers crossed I won't get that issue. Mine will be a MY20 model.

If you have already got TJA sorted please point me in the right direction.
Hi,
Yes, actually it is the error I am trying to avoid having as well, as I understand, once you get it, there is no way of removing it!
I could be wrong.
As for TJA
This is what I need to know from Tell.

I am about to plug in the Beta carista. I will report back with anything new. I might not enable them until I know if they cause any issues or not.

Reactions: ChrisWXM

Tell

Staff member
Pass on that, I'm an Obdeleven full coding person, I don't use the Obdeleven micro apps but the so called professional, the pro license which doesn't cost much more. The micro payment Obdeleven app are known not to always work since they haven't been tested on the model.

My understanding is Carista is like the basic Obdeleven where can't do your own thing as you can with the Pro version of Obdeleven, small extra license fee to unlock it on the basic Obdeleven product. I did a thread on here. Obdeleven is Android only but apparent their is a Apple version but that doesn't have the programming side of the Pro. It was always said due to the way Bluetooth works you couldn't have an Apple version.

You might find It on Carista or not think Bedlam might be a Carista person. You can buy a cheap Amazon Kindle Android tablet sponsored to get you to use it as a reader but use it on Obdeleven. You might find me answering a question on the Tarraco side on that. Fire7... people have done it. No Android phone buy an Amazon reader tablet and use Obdeleven.

Post 4 on the Tarraco thread:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/obd11-for-the-tarraco.454212/

This link for those that want to take up Amazon's Android reader sponsored offer who doesn't have an Android device, you will need Wi-Fi in the garden thou:).

http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/1801/obdeleven-work-on-amazon-fire

As said there is as Obdeleven thread on here where I've posted up stuff.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....f-activity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/

When I say programming with the Obdeleven Pro it isn't really programming, checking boxes and stuff. In some cases you have to alter big strings. Basically VCDS works on the units having byte strings. Obdeleven Pro version puts screens around these long strings, you toggle from either using the long string or the more friendly menus and adaption screens.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
I’ll have a go at the long coding when I get my OBDEleven and Ateca. No doubt I will be pestering you like mad Tell:1st:

Feel free buy the Pro version it just unlocks the coding side, other than that your tide to the micro payment apps which are limiting and it's nice to see what it's actually doing.

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
Obdeleven Pro for you then... Xmas is coming :).

See whether we can get @theoldboy to report on the status of the OS development although I still think you need the Android Obdeleven Pro version.

I do beta testing for BT and a trial for the new style bill has nearly come to an end. Participants that has provided lots of feedback will get a £50 amazon voucher so I am getting one from there as they are £42.99 through Amazon.

I believe the iOS version is the Next Gen one which has been delayed. The current one only works on android.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
I do beta testing for BT and a trial for the new style bill has nearly come to an end. Participants that has provided lots of feedback will get a £50 amazon voucher so I am getting one from there as they are £42.99 through Amazon.

I believe the iOS version is the Next Gen one which has been delayed. The current one only works on android.

I knows @theoldboy made reference to the iOS one at one point and the limitations. Reckon it will be Carista equivalent. It's said the new dongle is fast... must have read their publicity material but the Android one is fast. I find if I'm getting ropy Wi-Fi on the drive and need to move car in front of the bedroom window it's slow but that's only the link back into the house. Other than that I'll leave the car tucked away and use it. Sometimes at weekends their servers seem to be a bit slow but generally fine 99% of the time.

Deleted member 103408

I knows @theoldboy made reference to the iOS one at one point and the limitations. Reckon it will be Carista equivalent. It's said the new dongle is fast... must have read their publicity material but the Android one is fast. I find if I'm getting ropy Wi-Fi on the drive and need to move car in front of the bedroom window it's slow but that's only the link back into the house. Other than that I'll leave the car tucked away and use it. Sometimes at weekends their servers seem to be a bit slow but generally fine 99% of the time.

Yes they are still working with the Manufacturers to get the new dongle out but they will not commit to a date till they are fully happy its all ok.

If they follow the last release IOS Will be a Carista style (eg apps only no coding) and then later full Pro functionality will follow.

But I would stress that this dongle will also start to support other makes (BMW First) and more to follow.

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
@ChrisWXM eyeballing that link I gave you on the Obdeleven board on Fire HD on there someone said just load up the APK file rather than installing Google services, the advice on there was load Google Services followed later by someone cutting corners with the APK advice.

Better to install the Playstore so as to keep the Obdeleven app up-to-date, the apk wouldn't be updated when updates come through which the Playstore handles automatically if you used the static file not supported by the Google update process. Mention this if you're completely iOS and not familiar with APK files and the Playstore. They are handy when you can't find the app in the Playstore.

ChrisWXM

Sep 25, 2019
North East Wales, UK
Cheers for the info. My iPhone has gone off for repair as it’s still under warranty and on a contract and my daughter has very kindly donated her old Android phone which she said I can keep. The screen was smashed so I’ve replaced the screen and once I get my phone back I can use the android phone solely for OBDeleven.

Reactions: vectra and Tell
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.