Added the Leaving home lights feature

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Hi all,

I always thought it was a bit odd that the car had a coming home feature, where it would leave your lights on after you lock the car, but no feature where it would turn the lights back on when you unlock.

I understand it can, but only if you had the auto lights option in the convenience pack.

After having a play with VAG-COM ive managed to turn this feature on.

To do this, you have to change the coding in The Cent Elects module, and turn Byte 0 bit 5 on. If this means nothing to you, have a look at my VAG-COM guide in the MK2 Leon FAQ section, its all explained in there. As well as how to add other features like beep when locking the car.

Im well happy with this, looks good when you turn your car on at night :D

Should work with all cars, mines an 06 Sport, an early model Leon, which doesnt have some features of the later models.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Awesome. Mine will be switched on tonight :)

Thanks Dan!

H8T WP

recon it will work with the bi xenons? dont see why not ...

fancy turning mine on and beep for a fee ?

H8T WP

there is LOADS of things i would like to do.. eg change the severity of the ESP if poss

but the lights and beep will do for now.

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
Hi all,

I always thought it was a bit odd that the car had a coming home feature, where it would leave your lights on after you lock the car, but no feature where it would turn the lights back on when you unlock.

I understand it can, but only if you had the auto lights option in the convenience pack.

After having a play with VAG-COM ive managed to turn this feature on.

To do this, you have to change the coding in The Cent Elects module, and turn Byte 0 bit 5 on. If this means nothing to you, have a look at my VAG-COM guide in the MK2 Leon FAQ section, its all explained in there. As well as how to add other features like beep when locking the car.

Im well happy with this, looks good when you turn your car on at night :D

Should work with all cars, mines an 06 Sport, an early model Leon, which doesnt have some features of the later models.

So if i'm reading this right Dan , you don't have to have auto lights on the car for you to enable coming home lights?

It will be the same on the S3 then!:D

Ive done the alarm beeps
Rear day running lights ( the fronts don't have to be VAG-COM'D )
Hazard lights come on when you slam on/emergency stop

leon

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Gonna be interesting doing all this. Glad I bought the lead now :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I will have vagcom, laptop and cable on tuesday at the local meet along with the laptop as always :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
How much and where did you get the cable and software from ;)

Best to buy the genuine cable from http://www.ross-tech.com/

I have this one
huc_med.jpg

http://www.ross-tech.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=VCHUC&Category_Code=VAGCOM :)

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
^^^^It's deffo worth payingnthe extra for the Hex , as the micro only works on the MK V platform, which for the saving isn't worth it!

leon

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Ive never had the need for the backwards compatibility personally, so im glad I saved 100 dollars plus taxes on my micro-can :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.