Adding iPod/USB and Bluetooth to Ibiza Headunit

IbizaJohan

Mar 24, 2016
In my Seat Ibiza SC from 2009 i build in a original USB/AUX module. I already had the original AUX connection in the middle of my console, but i like to have also the USB connection.
I bought these parts: module: 6J0 035 342 B, with the mounting plate: 6J1 857 563 and this cable: KABELBAUM-ADAPTER-VW-MEDIA-IN-MDI-RCD-310-510-RNS-510

I have the programm 'carport diagnose' with a cable from Amazon. I enabled this: 19 - Can Gateway in de Installation List 2E - Media Player 3. After that i had an error.

'03138 Input AUX IN: open circuit, static'

But i read on the internet that when i disable "AUX-Input Connection Monitoring active" (byte 0, bit 2) the error would be gone. I did that and there was no error anymore.

But now the problem. My AUX is working, when i'm playing from my phone by AUX and put in an USB the AUX will stop. When there is no AUX in and put in on USB he wouldn't play anything from the USB.
But when i press on the button CD, he says 'NO CD', but after that i see above in screen 'USB media'.

I formatted the USB on the right way and tried lots of USB's but nothing is working.
When i put in an USB there is a LED blinking on the USB, so there is power on it.

Does somebody recognize this problem? I tried a lot of things and searched a lot on the internet but without result. So every information is welcome! You will help me a lot!

I'm from Holland, so sorry for some bad english. ;)

Last edited:

wilfa

Jul 31, 2016
The info you've found so far only covers the MDI (USB/AUX) integration to the car.
This interface has nothing to do with the bluetooth functionality of the car. That is a completely separate system, which requires quite a bit more work to install.

I've just installed a complete factory fit bluetooth installation to my wife's Ibiza 6J model year 2009 today and am glad to report that it works perfectly!
I found all the necessary parts at a car scraps dealership for merely 180 pounds or thereabouts.

Installment took about 5 hours and includes quite a bit of soldering work as well as disassembling of the internal bits of the car. Luckily, I have VAG-COM as well as access to all wiring diagrams, so that helps alot. Furthermore, I've installed bluetooth to my Altea and to my parent's Altea so I've tried it before.

Here are the parts i bought:

- Bluetooth interface
- Left-hand control stalk with phone-capabilities (car wasn't fitted with anything from new)
- Interior light supporting a microphone
- Bottom half of the steering column cover
- Panel in front of the gear-lever as I wanted to install AUX-in as well (has nothing to do with the bluetooth installation)
- Wiring loom for the bluetooth interface
- Microphone

I think that's about it.
Voices are very clear in the speakers of the car and the people on the receiving end hear my voice clearly as well. This can be adjusted via VAG-COM.

Regards from DK :D

I know it's been quite a long time but could you offer some guidance as to how you did this and what parts are required?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
A single DIN BT and USB car stereo starts at £12 on ebay.

Branded ones start at
£42 Nakamichi
£55 JVC
£62 Sony

etc.

lefti696

Oct 12, 2016
The info you've found so far only covers the MDI (USB/AUX) integration to the car.
This interface has nothing to do with the bluetooth functionality of the car. That is a completely separate system, which requires quite a bit more work to install.

I've just installed a complete factory fit bluetooth installation to my wife's Ibiza 6J model year 2009 today and am glad to report that it works perfectly!
I found all the necessary parts at a car scraps dealership for merely 180 pounds or thereabouts.

Installment took about 5 hours and includes quite a bit of soldering work as well as disassembling of the internal bits of the car. Luckily, I have VAG-COM as well as access to all wiring diagrams, so that helps alot. Furthermore, I've installed bluetooth to my Altea and to my parent's Altea so I've tried it before.

Here are the parts i bought:

- Bluetooth interface
- Left-hand control stalk with phone-capabilities (car wasn't fitted with anything from new)
- Interior light supporting a microphone
- Bottom half of the steering column cover
- Panel in front of the gear-lever as I wanted to install AUX-in as well (has nothing to do with the bluetooth installation)
- Microphone

I think that's about it.
Voices are very clear in the speakers of the car and the people on the receiving end hear my voice clearly as well. This can be adjusted via VAG-COM.

Regards from DK :D

Could you please share what part numbers you bought?
- Bluetooth interface (i suppose it is 7P6 035 730 F)
- Microphone
And tell something about VAG-COM coding for bluetooth?

Last edited:

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
On another note, has anyone with the Seat bluetooth tried this ?

bt_a2dp.jpg

It may be the way to enable A2DP protocol in the Seat bluetooth in order to stream music via bluetooth to the standard head unit. By default, it is turned off as it shows in the picture.
I did but don't remember what settings and bits I've changed. It was quite low level sound and had noise. Basically it was impossible to listen music with that.

Any updates about it? I would be happy to use it if we can make it work.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.