Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
Hey, I'm going to order these OEM side blades from my SEAT dealer tomorrow morning.

But it's mentioned that you need to buy two units of an "Adhesive kit" to mount the skirts. For this they want 50£ x 2 (100£ wtf).

It seems to be a lot of money, since the skirts are already 410£ ...

https://www.seataccesoriescatalogue.net/xx/product/product/43/2075/4224

000071781B.jpg

LEON-CUPRA-300.jpg

Last edited:

robby71

Sep 3, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
Look on ebay for either Tigerseal or Stikaflex , i've used both in the past for spoilers and most bodyshops also use these for bodykit fitting, costs approx £8 for a tube (clear/ black/ white/ grey)

billman

Dec 20, 2009
You probably mean Sikaflex 552-AT. I've used it several times before for spoilers and side skirts and it does a great job.

Sticklebricks

Jan 12, 2019
United Kingdom
We had exactly the same adhesive kit for our aero skirts and that was enough for both sides. We only used the official kit as it was thrown in by the supplier of the side-skirts otherwise I would have probably just used sticks like **** turbo.

Reactions: KernelOkey

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I used 3m 550 FC to replace my loosen blades on former Golf R. Rather cheap,
about 7-10£. Great strength.

@Smyg tror det kostade 50 - 70 SEK. Kanon vidhäftning.

3mpadhesive.jpg

Pick just after new application of blades/adhesive :)

rutspoiler1.jpg

Last edited:

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I used some strong adhesive from local hardware store for a few quid. Nearly 3 years on my skirts are still held firm.

I wouldn't be spending £££ on over priced adhesive and alcohol wipes

Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
Thanks everyone for the great response!

How much are you paying for the blades? Will they come painted?

It's 410£ for both blades (left and right) but I got some discount (SEAT staff discount :whistle:) so they landed on 340£-ish

And no, primed, unpainted... but my partnership company that will wrap my car will also wrap these pieces for me :thumbup:

ChrisJKM

Aug 21, 2018
North Yorkshire
Thanks everyone for the great response!

It's 410£ for both blades (left and right) but I got some discount (SEAT staff discount :whistle:) so they landed on 340£-ish

And no, primed, unpainted... but my partnership company that will wrap my car will also wrap these pieces for me
I'd go for the sikaflex option or you can also get stuff called sticks like ****. that's good as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ben GT

Jan 7, 2015
Nah, if you order the Performance Pack it is on from factory.
Is performance pack still an option? I didnt have it as an option on my lux?

I presume these are the same thing? They were on every Cupra at the garage;

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-1_20-9-39.png
    upload_2019-2-1_20-9-39.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 190

Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
Is performance pack still an option? I didnt have it as an option on my lux?

I presume these are the same thing? They were on every Cupra at the garage;

When I ordered mine, I didn't see them included in the PP...

On the pictures you posted, there are no side blades.

It's the top one, red blade with a black tip at the back. The lower black side skirt is just black ABS from Maxton Design:

Dokladki-Progow-v-1-Seat-Leon-Mk3-Cupra-Facelift_[47817]_1200-1000x1000.jpg

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
@Smyg - please could you post some pictures of the black end cap and how it is fitted to the main blade section when yours arrive? I need to remove mine in order to repaint the end caps, but do not want to snap any plastic tabs etc.

Dickyp

Aug 25, 2018
The teroson product is OEM grade and is used all over the car for seam sealing, windscreen etc. One tube would be more than enough, problem with Sika etc is they should be used with adhesive promoters, the teroson product doesn’t need this.
As with any bonding make sure it’s clean, ideally with an alcohol wipe or similar so your bonding to the surface and not the stuff sitting in it such as wax etc.

Don’t forget the kit they offer is to go through the full life vehicle test so best ultimate bond, all temps, chemicals, longevity one kit would do or just get one tube of MS 9220 and use some tar remover to clean.

Reactions: Leon097

Smyg

Apr 26, 2018
Don’t forget the kit they offer is to go through the full life vehicle test so best ultimate bond, all temps, chemicals, longevity one kit would do or just get one tube of MS 9220 and use some tar remover to clean.

Yeah, I found out that one tube of MS 9221 (9220 is outdated now) cost 27£/30€ anyway from my local shop.

The kit is at 43£ / 49€ ...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.