|Advice Needed| formula sport specs?

victory2007

i need a bit of advice.

I bought a formula sport 5dr in dec before xmas, and ive just looked at the post with pictures of the formula sport.

from looking at the specs i do bot have the following
old fr style alloys ( i have the sport alloys 16" ones i believe)
no white dials ( which personally do not bother me)
sports seat trim instead of the formula sport trim and i actually prefer the sport anyway so was actually pleased with this part.

im happy with the car and absolutly love it but i was told on the phone by the dealer that these features have been changed because they ran out of the old fr wheels etc.. and somtimes with special models the specs can vary?

again im happy with the car absolutely love it but would like know if anyone else has differences between the formula sports?

Last edited by a moderator:

victory2007

Have you got disc brakes front and rear?
Was told by our Stealer that this was one of the main differences between Sport & Formula Sport.

yep i have, every other spec is right from what ive seen on the net, i have noticed that some of the dabs in 2006 had different alloys too

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
yep i have, every other spec is right from what ive seen on the net, i have noticed that some of the dabs in 2006 had different alloys too

There were 2 other Formula Sports being collected this mornin, all in different colours but all with the same interior trim and alloy wheels (same as you saw on our photo's).
Maybe the Formula Sport spec varies from Stealer to Stealer, not sure.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Yeah i think there is 2 different models of the formula sport, as is there is 2 diff versions of the DAB Sport.

One of the DAB's come with the year before's FR wheels, And one just comes with 16" standard SEAT ones.

Probably the same with the Formula Sport, just check they havent yoinked your 2 back speakers.

victory2007

Probably the same with the Formula Sport, just check they havent yoinked your 2 back speakers.

yep got 6 speakers thank god! and trip computer and every other aditional spec that the fs has just those differences i said in my first post, not to fussed about it i actually prefer the sport alloys to the fr ones and i prefer the sports red black seats to the fs ones.

reading about the dab differences makes it better i just wanted make sure i wasnt being conned here tbh.

Nov 6, 2007
Newark
Just check when you get it all the trim is all ok and not stick up and once you had a week you can get it into reverse and mine wont go in without a few trys need to go back

victory2007

Just check when you get it all the trim is all ok and not stick up and once you had a week you can get it into reverse and mine wont go in without a few trys need to go back

i had a habbit in my old car of putting it in reverse before the car was stationary, this car is same as the hire car i had once and u have to make sure the car is stopped before putting it in reverse. i will keep an eye tho..

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
yep got 6 speakers thank god! and trip computer and every other aditional spec that the fs has just those differences i said in my first post, not to fussed about it i actually prefer the sport alloys to the fr ones and i prefer the sports red black seats to the fs ones.

reading about the dab differences makes it better i just wanted make sure i wasnt being conned here tbh.

I think the special edition ibizas are done as following - First batch will be all the old FR stuff from the year before pretty much, and after that they use mainly Sport stuff.

I personaly though the white surrounds look out of place, as the rest of the interior is really dark.

Im loving the 100bhp engine though, its like a 1.4 with a bit more kick so to speak.

Technically you can do what alot of the DAB people did when they bought the car new, if its different to the seat spec on the website / marketting stuff, complain and you get it. since they have marketted it with stuff it doesnt have.

Alas i got my car second hand so i have to stick with my 4 speakers till i decide what to do...

victory2007

I think the special edition ibizas are done as following - First batch will be all the old FR stuff from the year before pretty much, and after that they use mainly Sport stuff.

thats what i was told by the dealer
I personaly though the white surrounds look out of place, as the rest of the interior is really dark.

thats my thoughts, i personally think they look out of place black looks better with the red leds imo.
Im loving the 100bhp engine though, its like a 1.4 with a bit more kick so to speak.

this is basically the reason i chose the car over a sport version as it was only 85 bhp and it has quite bit of kick and i havent even fully run her in yet.
Technically you can do what alot of the DAB people did when they bought the car new, if its different to the seat spec on the website / marketting stuff, complain and you get it. since they have marketted it with stuff it doesnt have.

yeah in a way your right, i actually like the features i have anyway, just making sure it is how it is done with the special editions , this is first time i bought a new car and wanted make sure it was right etc.. like i said i prefer the sport seats to the fs ones anyway and the alloys i like better and thats the only differences.

PaulieB

Dec 23, 2007
Edinburgh
Thats cool then, yeah totally understand you want to check everything is right etc.

What i don't get however, is how the limited editions are cheaper than the Sports... It made no sence to me.

victory2007

Thats cool then, yeah totally understand you want to check everything is right etc.

What i don't get however, is how the limited editions are cheaper than the Sports... It made no sence to me.

haha yeah i said this to the dealer when i was considering buying the car we sat there and spec'd up the sport and i couldnt believe it was over a grand more with all the same specs apart from the engine being the main difference, bargain if you ask me the special editon is.

Dawg Primo

Sep 16, 2007
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
haha yeah i said this to the dealer when i was considering buying the car we sat there and spec'd up the sport and i couldnt believe it was over a grand more with all the same specs apart from the engine being the main difference, bargain if you ask me the special editon is.

Agree 100%, that's why we went the FS way.

bobthecod

Sep 23, 2007
you can yea.. do u all really think the 100hp makes that much different because i test drove a 1.4 85bhp stylance and the 100hp hardly makes a difference.. still gets beaten buy my mates honda civic 1.5 on a N plate.. n the 100hp is acctually only 95 when tested.. lol would be nice to find a super charger for one :p

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise