Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Advice on abandoned car on my drive

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by almas09, Jan 24, 2018.

1. lee123

lee123 Full Member

My friend one had this happen to him. We didn't have access to wheel dollies so we jacked the car up enough to slide metal trays under each wheel, then we slid it out onto the road about 100 yards from his house. Removed the metal trays and left it there.
    When the woman finally knocked to ask why her car had move my friend denied all knowledge of it ever being on his drive.

2. Jay280

Jay280 Active Member

A trolley jack under the back axle and a good push (preferably onto some double yellows as previously said) should sort the problem!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Pinky

Pinky Active Member

F**king lol. Excellent idea !!

4. Pinky

Pinky Active Member

I would just drag it or lift it off my property and dump it in the street.

No criminal law broken so Police have no interest.

If it was a gt4 or Carlos Sainz, i'd try to keep hold off it

5. almas09

almas09 Active Member

lol interesting ideas there
    Went down to the station yesterday after work and they refused to contact the owner.

I think I now have an idea of what needs to be done, hopefully if all goes well it should be off my property without any damage by this weekend.

6. ray

ray Active Member

“Without any damage”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. zeffania

zeffania Active Member

Good luck, make sure you find some double yellows to compensate you for the annoyance ;)

8. simaservis1108

simaservis1108 Active Member

Well I can't believe what am I reading here.
    In our country(Serbia) if someone parks on your driveway,you can call the town tow service for improperly parked cars.
    Car gets towed and the owner gets a ticket at around 100 pounds.

LouG likes this.
  9. DEAN0

DEAN0 Old Git

In the UK the law is fekkin stupid

If someone blocks you from getting OFF your drive - the police will get involved
    If someone blocks you from getting ON your drive the police don't give a sh*t

10. Greg2904

Greg2904 Active Member

I can't believe how understanding you're being, I'd have this off my drive in 24 hours! Chuck it in the middle of the road or on some double yellows like people have suggested.

Can't believe the cheek of some people! Make sure to provide an update OP! Good luck.

11. robby71

robby71 Full Member

I would have smashed the window, released handbrake and pushed it into middle of road - then phone plod and say someone attempted to steal it, they'd then recover it and charge owner storage fees if they didn't collect

12. andycupra

andycupra status subject to change

so, after the car is moved, potentially onto yellow lines, potentially damaged...
    whats the chances that whatever car takes its place in the parking space ends up damaged...

Move it maybe, but be sensible.

13. almas09

almas09 Active Member

I will be sensible ofcourse haha
    I just didn't get a chance to take any action this week due to work but have the weekend to myself to get this matter sorted asap.

14. chrisRibiza

chrisRibiza Active Member

That's mad! Is it a private driveway beside your house or is it like a communal driveway shared by residents?

15. zeffania

zeffania Active Member

Before and after pics please

16. LouG

LouG Active Member

No offence, but I would not have debated this for two days. 2 minutes after I checked with my neighbours it would have been in the middle of the road.

17. Leon Gone

Leon Gone Active Member

Years ago myself and 3 other colleagues came out of college to find our cars blocked in by a car (Granada) parked across the back of us. We looked round and could see no one looking so we bounced the car sufficiently to get our cars out. We then bounced the car back so it was occupying 3 parking spots. At that point we removed all the tyre valves and threw them far far away.

Hopefully when he returned he had ticket (tickets) for parking in multiple spaces and a big bill for calling out a tyre repair man to replace valves and pump up tyres.

Never saw it in the car park again.

18. jezyg

jezyg Active Member

It is on private land so a civil matter only. Trespass on private land is also a civil matter only. Hence police cannot actually do anything within their powers, as the police deal with criminal not civil matters in terms of the law. Sometimes our law really is as much use as a chocolate teapot :cry:

As it is on private land you DO have the right to remove it, although without causing any damage otherwise you are liable - but how could they prove you damaged the vehicle if you moved it to a dodgy car park with frequent car breaks, ASB ect...

Personally it does sound like it has been dumped, if left for a long while the police can but an abandoned marker on it on PNC, then wait a bit longer and the council will remove it.

But, you still have an abandoned car on your drive for a long time :(

19. noonoo63

noonoo63 Active Member

Have you managed to resolve this yet. Have been following this thread hoping you get a satisfactory outcome.
    I would be absolutely[:@][:@] if if was me, whoever left it there is a cheeky :censored: imho

20. ray

ray Active Member

Same here post the resolution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk