Advice on abandoned car on my drive

Breinholm

Dec 27, 2017
There is, but we're waiting for the "after" picture.

I'm curious as well. Is it gone?

Last edited:

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in dropping an update.
Interesting developments within the last week actually.

I called over recovery to move the car on the road, he arrived and just refused to touch the car as he thought he would damage it. :shrug:

On the 30/01 in my absence, the owner turned up in the afternoon.
Owner was quite apologetic as my neighbour had a right go at him once he turned up to pick up his son from school.

I can now officially say the drive is now clear of trash :D

CCTV will be installed in the coming days too.

Andy1977

Jul 10, 2017
Bit of an anticlimax, glad it's off your drive though buddy

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

almas09

Jul 31, 2017
Neighbour didn't really ask, but he apologised and said he won't do it again.

russbellrfs

Jan 7, 2018
End of the day OP was trying to do the right thing, and all ended somewhat amicably!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Kernow Bob

Feb 3, 2018
no excuse, but I think it is more accurately described as a parking space as opposed to somebody parking actually on a driveway

Deleted member 103408

Just to add to this thread, Jeremy Vine show on Radio 2 (yes i am an old boy) was talking about this issue on Monday. It is happening more and more town centers seem to suffer a lot due to lack of parking and high prices but it is happening all over. People just dont care.

One person told the story they live next to a school and people just parked on there drive whilst they went into school for parents evening. Owner blocked them in and charged the 50-00 to get out.

A number of people have been taken to court, some have been done (for protecting own property) others got away with it and the person who parked had to pay up.

However the law says its a civil matter and you have to pay to take them to court to ask them nicely to move there car unless its a danger (eg petrol or gas bottles in the back of the car) or its been stolen - all of which is what has been talked about here.

However if you take the law into your own hands then the person who parked on your drive can (and do) take you to court and it can cost you.....

However ending on a light note a garage owner got fed up with people parking in his lot so put up some private parking signs saying if you park illegally he will take action and charge you for it. His action is to raise the car and leave it on Axle Stands and wont let it go till they pay up. He did say he had been taken to court 3 times but he had won each time...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken H

Dec 20, 2015
Cork , Ireland
Next time, if there is a next time,put a sign up in your drive, "Private car park", cars will be clamped at a cost of £150 per day. Make sure it's visible.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise