Advice on Leon

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Well basically at the moment i have a Paxo VTS im not a Chav which is probably half the reason i dont like it lol.

Well anyway im looking at selling that now and upgraded to a bigger car to accomadate my girlies growing belly....yep she is pregnant.

So basically ive been trying to find a way of getting a decent built car with a bit of poke and classy looks.

It was a toss up between the Leon and the Ibiza,ive rested on the Leon as im thinking the boot will be bigger its got 4 doors and its nice and practical.

So thats the sensible bit sorted so now,engine....well i want the 1.8 t engine as i rate this engine highly.

So now i begin looking at the Leons and realise there is one with a kind of kit on and one that just looks like a middle aged dudes car,i prefer the kit typed version.

So get an insurance quote and now its all go,so basically, is there much difference between the kit type and the normal type?

I think the kit type i mean is a facelift model complete with 5 spoke wheels and sideskirts.

I have found a nice black one i wanna look at but i have no idea on speac and things so if people could advise me on this it would be appreciated.

Also has anyone got pics of thers please?

Thanks guys.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :redface: :D

andycupra

status subject to change
think he means the leon cupra or sport pre facelift look a bit old man ish...
i have to agree.

(sorry to anyone pre facelift..)

i think overall the difference between pre and post facelift is you will potentially get a few more gadgets and leather on pre facelift leons.
but like you have said you dont get the nice body kit or alloys.

you could be lucky and find a pre facelift that has been updated looks wise.

Last edited:

BlackFR

Jan 22, 2002
Not too far away
Pre MY03 cupras used to look like the 1.4s apart from the exhaust and the wheels.

Only from the MY03 (52 reg) cars did it look a bit more sporty with the kit that yours has:)

cupra fan

Nov 30, 2001
norfolk
Visit site
Go for it! have 3 kids between 6mths and 5years, fit the lot in plus the compulsory baggage train, that goes with them in the boot! , mind you i have taken the spare wheel out, to offset some of extra weight ( Top tip) :whistle:

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
Oi! I've got the 02 version and well.. yes it is understated, but thats the way I like it and yes I am an old man ! :D

Sure it would have been nice to wait for an R or MY03 version, but I couldn't wait at the time because the company I was working for were going to force me to use a company Laguna 1.8 ! :censored:

btw theres a great Leon FAQ here

Last edited:

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
So the general idea is to go for it?

Im planning on lloking at a nice black one on saturday,im well excited. :)

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
This one actually.....

leon2.jpg

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Just not to sure bout the sign on the roof ^^^^^^

Any idea on how to remove this...shall i just follow the normal debadge procedure?

Dodson

Extreme Blue
Feb 9, 2005
Redcar
Its got 44k on it.looks pretty clean like.

Is there anything that should have been done or needs doing on it?

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
or,theres the toledo sport,1,8t which is cheaper then the leon cupra,and has a huge boot,very stealthy.or ,if you can live with the badge.

octyview.jpg

:D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.