Advice On Modifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
Hi, sorry about starting a lot of threads today just want to get advice from people who actully know what they are talking about when it comes to Seats and Ibizas.

Got a 1.2 Ibiza and i have a few ideas on how i want to 'improve it', just want some opinons and any ideas...

Cupra Alloys (if i can find some if not then different 17" alloys)
Audi R8 Style Head Lights
De-Badged
Upgraded Head Unit
Lowered (Not sure what springs yet)
Strut Brace (possibly)
Chrome Or Aluminium Interior Parts (Air Vents, Dial Surrounds & Gear Gaitor)
New Gear Knob

Opinon? Any other ideas?

Budget is OK but shall take a bit of time for me to complete that list

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I'd say they are all good apart from the DRL's. I dont think Ibizas suit them.

Cupra alloys will be like hens teeth trying to get hold of, same with facelift FR's.. So your best bet might be some sort of after market ones.
Have a look in the readers ride section and see what kind of stance you would like in terms of lowering it. A lot of the people that lower their car go for coilovers as opposed to springs, but thats not to say some people don't just opt for the springs. Its totally up to you.
The other ideas sound good though :)

Maybe tinted windows? Exhaust?

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
thanks for the opinon, well i really like the DRL's but then again i havent seen an ibiza with them fitted, and after posting a thread about the alloys i have had the same response as you've said 'very rare'...my car is grey (not sure what the actual manufactors description of the colour is, i've heard dolphin grey, lunar grey, platinum grey)

Was considering tinted windows and have heard of one company (TintR) but was trying to find a few different companies to compare prices and would love to fit an exhaust however my insurance is bad enough with the car being standard (however engine modifications shall occur in the shape of an air filter and exhaust later in the year)

Thanks

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
Yeah, its your car though mate. No matter what anyone else opinion is, if you like it then go for it :)

The alloys will be very difficult to get hold of, although I think there are some Leon ones that are similar?
Maybe ask in your regional section if anyone knows any other companies or if they have an experiences of any?

I'm guessing your probably a young driver with low NCB then? Just have to stick with it im afraid, mines has halfed in my nearly 3 years driving and thats me gone from a 1.2 to my 1.9tdi.

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
hmm...well i can get hold of all the parts easy enough, if not from the UK from Germany. Just found some Audi style (well replacement) 17" alloys which are nice. Saw them on a black ibiza that was lowered and i thought it looked nice, however i would rather the Cupra Alloys.

Yes i am a new driver (only started driving today as a learner however am 'hooked' on cars and cant wait to make my ibiza a little bit different from all the others), would love a Ibiza cupra however insurance wont allow it :-(

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
RS4 reps? Im sure you can get them on the UK ebay?
How about Facelift FR's? Although they will probably be as hard to come across as the Cupra's...

Nice, well done :) Hopefully you will pass soon enough :D

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
aint my car but that drls in ibiza

user51400_pic2895_1280940904.jpg

user51400_pic2893_1280940817.jpg

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
shall have a look on good ol' eBay and thanks for the pics - looks alright, also do you know if anyone manufactures engine baby 'things' - to tart up the engine bay. I know Bailey produce products for Fords etc but not sure if any are made for a 1.2 Ibiza.

Thanks guys

jake_h

Aug 24, 2010
iv seen the actual audi replica headlights on google for the ibiza and theyd probably good great but they were £300 plus!!

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
£300 bit to expensive, although the DRL's that i have seen are just under £250 so only 50quid difference but depends what they look like

Brads91

May 20, 2010
Devon
iv got the drl headlights with hid's and it looks the **** in my opinion lol they always get the compliments

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
They are`nt the Audi style ones Marksy mentiond though, the R8 style DRL`s look better... like these: click
Still not my thing like just saying :hide:

Personally think they will look worse, think the ones posted above would look slightly better without the original sidelights as well

All the other mods sound good though, any ideas what head unit your after marksy?

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
those lights provided from the link are exactly the ones im looking at from a different source, and i have thought of a few extra mods like possibly 1 or 2 cupra decals but not sure yet, dont want to make a chavwagon & looking at a Alpine and a Sony headunit in halfords for about 200quid.

Just need specific things - Bluetooth & front Aux are a must, anything else is a bonus

:)

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
ha ha, as bad as it sounds my dad said the same i said thanks dad - he is the one with the 3.2 quattro audi which he put loadsa decals on it saying that its a quattro!! ha ha.

still not sure on the alloys, found a few aftermarket ones with tyres ranging from 450 to 660 and then some (Skoda) VRS Alloys & FR alloys...really want some Cupra alloys but found out after joining S.C.N that they are really rare - BAD TIMES!!

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
tbh, you are prob better just getting a set of alloy to tide you over intill you build up your no claims then you can get a car that is fast and you can justify spending the money on mods to improve the car. Its up to you though, and it also depends on how long you plan to keep the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.