Advice On Modifications...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 3, 2009
yeah no hint of blue at all

I'd say more of a yellow tint than a blue!
but tbh they are pure white

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
what are the best LED side lights? & what is the manufactors name for the grey colour that my car is? ha ha :lol:

Looks like Platinum grey to me.

As far as LED colour goes these match halogens or 4300k hids: clicky

All others of the SMD type (little yellow square or circle) like these will match 6000k hids.

And the older type of led will match between 6k and 8k: clicky

The first link is the ONLY place I`ve found to do proper "warm white" leds... went through a lot of sidelights before finding them!

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
How long do they tend to last...? Had any blow yet?

Had them in a good few months now and they`re fine.
I think the problem people have with led`s blowing is that most of them are rated for 12v, but while your engine is running it`s more like 14v - so they blow quite quickly. But these seem fine.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Sweet. It's a shame HIDs4u don't do less than 5000k :/

Just noticed this, I had a 5000k H7R kit from them for about a year, if you want pure white they are spot on.

It took a while messing with camera settings to capture the true colour but these are pretty damn close:

Dip-wall.jpg

LightMatch.jpg

Oh, and those are the sidelights you just bought^^

Last edited:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Sweet! You say " had a 5000k H7R kit from them for about a year", how come you don't have them anymore?

I will definitely be buying a set of 5000k :)

Any real advantage to getting slim ballasts? I suppose for my 1.2 I'll be fine with normal ones!

Last edited:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Sweet! You say " had a 5000k H7R kit from them for about a year", how come you don't have them anymore?

I will definitely be buying a set of 5000k :)

Any real advantage to getting slim ballasts? I suppose for my 1.2 I'll be fine with normal ones!

The only advantage is space: with the slim ones I had I was able to fit the entire kit inside the light unit. But if you don`t mind the ballasts and some wiring being visible then it does`nt matter.

Yeah I say "had" as I now have a set of OEM xenons 4300k (see my avatar). Took me a while to get all the bits together, but it`s one of the best mods I`ve done.

Shame I sold the kit really, I was thinking of keeping the bulbs at least because hids4u do the only decent H7R`s out there.

Dec 3, 2009
I lie I thought he was yorkshire but he's midlands

just go on google maps and type bodyshop with the map over where you live

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise