Advice please

Zig81

I'm after a bit of advice from people on here.

I'm about to start a new job which requires a 60 mile round trip and therefore my current car is going to go due to fuel costs.

I'm looking at a Leon SC TDI 184 or a Golf GTD. I like the look of both cars and would like people's views on my dilemma. Currently drive a Golf GTI Edition 35.

Thanks in advance.

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Hi Zig,

I was in the same dilemma myself a couple of weeks ago! My advice would be to test drive both first and see what each dealer can offer you. Once you've got that then you can compare what your actually getting for your money. I ended up ordering the Leon SC 184bhp because on a pcp with 18,000 miles a year, Seat wanted £260 a month and VW £340. There is no doubt the Golf was nicer inside, but the new Leon isn't very far behind. In the end what sealed the deal was the fact they are both built on the same MQB platform, same engine, pretty much same components and with the Leon I was getting upgraded alacantra seats, full LED lights, upgraded wheels, adaptive chassis and Sat Nav all for £80 a month less than a GTD which has none of these as standard. I can now use the £80 to justify skysports to the Mrs lol

Zig81

Just been offered a white 184 FR with leather, convenience pack, sunroof and black alloys for £21995 including deposit contribution.

Any thoughts?

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Depends how you are funding it. GTD might work out cheaper on PCP due to the higher residuals which could push down the monthly payments.

I also prefer the interior of the Golf having tried both.

Zig81

Depends how you are funding it. GTD might work out cheaper on PCP due to the higher residuals which could push down the monthly payments.

I also prefer the interior of the Golf having tried both.

It's PCP, the Leon works out 85 quid a month cheaper but the Golf has a higher payment at the end.

There's also about a 5 month waiting list to get a GTD!

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Sounds like a cracking deal Zig, much better than I got so i'd snap that one up :)

Zig81

Sounds like a cracking deal Zig, much better than I got so i'd snap that one up :)

VW just rang to say their demo car is coming up for sale in October!

It's really well specced, the only thing missing compared to the Leon is leather. Not really fussed as the interior in the GTD looks smart in fabric.

Decisions decisions. [:@]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.