advice please

adam_tdi

dervmeister
Feb 27, 2005
walsall
www.peugeot-gti.net
i am looking for a cheapish ibiza for my gf. ive been offered a 02 1.2 s plat grey 62k ibiza 3dr for £ 4000 with a years warrenty.

the salesman ( seat dealer) was usure if it had a cambelt change or not, he then asked a techie who said they dont need doing untill 120k or 8 years??????????

also what are these engines like? it has done 20k a year so its been used. just a little worried that it may be a little high for its age

what do u guys reckon

cheers adam. :D

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Not sure about the petrols, but on the diesels the cambelts are changed at 60k. Technically, they're inspected at 60k, but you have to take them off to look at them properly so you might as well change it at the same time.

Alternatively I've got a nice 2003 TDI Sport for sale.. ;)

gazjones

i had one on an o3 and had 40k on when i got rid of it they are ok not really powerful but good for a 1,2 only thing to look out for is the timing slipping on them as this happened to mine and is a comon fault but apart from that they are good i went a year with out anything happening then just before servive a coil went but not a prob if it has year warenty left

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
You can get more for that kinda money mate - i just had my 1.2 up (03 with 32k and lots of nice other bits) for 4k

Keep an eye out on Ebay and the private sales sector and youll find a bargain im sure - dealers are easy but you pay for that, try investing a little time first

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
got a flyer from a local dealer the other day , offering the same car for 6995 , should get a used sample cheaper than wat u say

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.