Advice regarding an engine part

Nov 18, 2019
Hi there,
This is my first post here.
I acquired a written-off Ibiza Cupra 2012 that I am planning to restore as a weekend project.
I am wondering if a kind soul out there can tell me where I can order the part in the attached picture.
Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_1573_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_1573_LI.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 60

SEAT Rule

Nov 19, 2019
Hi there,
This is my first post here.
I acquired a written-off Ibiza Cupra 2012 that I am planning to restore as a weekend project.
I am wondering if a kind soul out there can tell me where I can order the part in the attached picture.
Many thanks in advance.

Hello there,

looks like it's the pre Lambda sensor, basically you can have two Lambda sensors fitted.

The pre sensor = before catalytic converter.

The post sensor = after catalytic converter.

They normally come in different wire lengths and often have different coloured connection plugs, so you'll need the correct one as they're calibrated to ECU.

As the Ibiza is similar to the VW Polo you should be able to find one at Euro Car Parts, or possibly GSF, alternatively you can try your local SEAT Main Dealership, you might need to tell them the registration number or the Vin/chassis number.

I had a quick look on the SEAT ETKA site but can't see the part number/s for the Lambda sensors, so there possibly could be a choice.
From memory the VAG normally have the Bosch Lambda sensor/s fitted as standard.
The cheaper ones don't always come with a connector plug.

Hope this helps.
Si

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I'll question that a bit, VW Group tend to fit only NTK Lambda sensors - NTK is a NGK brand for some sensors, I've only ever bought one pre cat sensor and found that, well back in 2010 or so, my local VW dealership charged me the same or slightly less than ordering on line to get posted out to me, but maybe things have changed. Plenty places sell NTK Lambda sensors, maybe check on the NGK website to get the part number, as suggested above compare with VW and Skoda - same engine, if they don't list one for Ibiza Cupra.

Nov 18, 2019
Thank you very much to both of you for your advice. I will have a look at the recommended options and I will let you know what I will find.
Best regards

Reese Hodgers

Jul 1, 2019
Pre- cat Lambda (O2 sensor), might be a little hard to find on the website but I've managed to get a few bits by just trawling through it, make sure to press translate to english when it pops up.

oemvag.es

Hope this helps you a bit if your looking for it oem, if not use europarts, micksgarage, mister-auto. Slap in your reg and have a search!

Reactions: ibizacupra2012
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.