Advice required on best day out

nickkis

Coming back to the fold
Jul 4, 2005
Wiltshire
My 9 year old has developed a sudden but deep thing for all things automotive recently and when he discovered Mom had been to Brands, the frown was huge.

So I promised him that if he got good SAT results, I would take him out to one of the BTCC events. Question is which is the best one in your eyes for ickle people to attend?

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah - but Thruxton isn't the best.....

Silverstone would get his imagination up a lot more - being the hope of F1

Hell - I was excited the first time I came to Silverstone (at 22) and watched cars over the complex.

Donnington is another excellent circuit too - but more distance away & less history (for a 9yr old)

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
I'd agree with Silverstone, free grandstand seating, all his mates at school will have heard of it etc.

Failing that Brands Hatch. Although if you go there, take a brolly :D

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
agree about viewing, but WOW factor, silverstone has it. I still like going up to the circuit to see anything (even track days) and it's only 10 mins from work.

BTCC there will be good - since it's the end of the season, so SEAT will be team & manufacturer champions - I would expect some 'proper' racing :D

Johnsey

SNAFU
Dec 23, 2003
Here & There
www.google.com
m0rk said:
agree about viewing, but WOW factor, silverstone has it. I still like going up to the circuit to see anything (even track days) and it's only 10 mins from work.

BTCC there will be good - since it's the end of the season, so SEAT will be team & manufacturer champions - I would expect some 'proper' racing :D
There is a wow factor about Silverstone, thinking of some of the great drivers that have raced there over the years. I still love Brands (even more since the weekend :D ) though as you can get really close to the track.

I only suggested Thruxton as it was the nearest, never been so couldn't comment on the views/excitement but I always get excited before a days motorsport and i'm sure any 9 year old would do the same regardless of where it was for their first time.

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Silverstone,as he will be able to walk down the back of the garqages and pits without haveing to pay for it,

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I've always liked Silverstone. Don't know why it gets such a hard time. The viewing isn't that bad either. Sit in the correct stand at Woodcote and you can see the cars come all the way down the National straight, round the complex and then up the start/finish straight. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.