aerial removal?

bradders07ibiza

Feb 8, 2010
Hello all,

just bought a stubby aerial off ebay and went to go fit it. my original aerial just keeps spinning around and around. any ideas. i have tried pulling with no luck. maybe the end the aerial is on is spinning too?

cheers

bradders

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
where did you search ? i want a stubby aerial. mine unscrews then just folds down, thats it lol.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
The original rubber aerial from the Honda S2000/Civic typeR is the best I`ve found for looks and reception, and it fits straight on. Got mine from ebay - about £15.

The alloy ones you can get from just about anywhere give crap reception! I`ve tried a few over the years.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
C2 aerial I believe looks much nicer than the s2000 one, and thE standard one is annoying to remove, you have to unscrew it and lay it flat then use the old pull and wiggle technique, I don't think I have heard of anyone break it so don't need to be to gentle

bradders07ibiza

Feb 8, 2010
yeah just unscrew as far as you can then pull down to roof and pull and wiggle as been said and the anti theft part pops out after a while. it wont break. i gave mines a good tug pull and wiggle today and came out with easy

Mar 25, 2009
bath
My c2 aerial and my makes on his mk3 work abSoluetly fine with no difference over standard reception, why would Citroen make a bad aerial? It's standard from them not a cheap aftermarket thing

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I had one and it was pants! Just describing my experience on the matter... Chocozai has bought one now anyway!

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2009
bath
Yeh that's cool I was just saying too, maybe I live i live in good signal area I don't know, even if his reception is poor I think he should still keep it and get an iPod connective head unit and scrap the radio cos it looks cool :)

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
True, I do live in Wales.. we don`t get much of them there radio waves round ere!

:weedy:

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Wudnt worry mate, if it doesn't give good signal then it doesn't, what's a fiver these days, just pretend you bought a big tastey instead and throw it in the bin lol

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Oh dear. C2 aerial was a bad choice for me then!

You never know mate, it might be ok for you.. I mean mine worked, it just was`nt great - crackly in town and the hills.
Places where the standard one and the one I have now seem fine.

As zach said... only a fiver!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.