Aero Front Bumper Fog Lights

Travezy

Hi everyone. I have a pretty simple question which I hope someone can help me with. I've looked around the forum already but not been able to find the answer.

I recently acquired an Aero Front Bumper from a local scrappy from an Ibiza 08 that was written off in a rear end collision. Poor car had only done 3k miles.:cry:

Bumper is in perfect condition and fully painted but the Fog Lights had been removed before I got there as it was being "broken" for parts. The guy had no idea what the model numbers for the Aero Bumper Fogs where and the monkeys at my local stealer's are being annoying too. Asked them twice and in both cases they've told me either the Pre-Facelift or the Facelift ones.

I have a Facelift Bumper right now (06-08) with the fogs but have a big crack in the Off-Side one so its going to need replacing anyway as its letting in water. Of course I don't want to replace it now if I have to buy a Pre-Facelift set for the Aero Bumper.

So, story over, can anyone help? Which Fog Light do I need for the Aero Bumper and does anyone have the model number?:confused:

Thanks in advance,
Travezy

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
If it is pre facelift ones you need, I have a pair taken from my pre facelift bumper when i changed it. If you are not wanting to get brand new ones then you can have mine ( for a small fee of course :p). They are in perfect condition.

Travezy

If it is pre facelift ones you need, I have a pair taken from my pre facelift bumper when i changed it. If you are not wanting to get brand new ones then you can have mine ( for a small fee of course :p). They are in perfect condition.

Thanks David. Just need to know for sure which I need now.:shrug:

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
I know the fixings for pre and post facelift fogs are completely different which is why they can't be used. If you maybe measure the fixings or post a picture I can compare to the pre face lift ones. This could help unless the aero bumper uses completly different fogs to either pre or post.

Travezy

Wow, that would be a real pain if your right Scott. Can anyone 100% confirm what fogs are needed?:think:

Also, I thought the Aero Kit was released after the facelift? Seems odd that it would require the Pre fog lights...:shrug:

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
Wow, that would be a real pain if your right Scott. Can anyone 100% confirm what fogs are needed?:think:

Also, I thought the Aero Kit was released after the facelift? Seems odd that it would require the Pre fog lights...:shrug:

i dont honestly know mate, what fogs do u have now? well all cupra bumpers are facelift and require pre-facelift fogs, so who knows. if you have one type of fogs now, try them and if they dont fit then maybe borrow another type, trial and error tbh here, unless u can get someone with them to confirm. not many folks have the aero kit ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.