aero wiper blades

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
hi
im looking to order a set of aero wiper blades for my ibiza. the one ive seen on ebay the sizes are 21 INCH for drivers and 19inch for passengers. are these right? also is there much difference between the different brands?

hypopsycho

D'ya wanna go faster?
Jan 12, 2010
York
I got these last week, seem pretty good, on a par with the genuine Seat parts I had on last time if not better. Don't think there is much between the makes to be honest, but this company gives you the rear free!
Hope that helps mate.:D

Last edited:

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Driver`s side is fine as a 21", but a 18" passenger side fits better as it won`t lift off the edge of the screen as much when it is parked. After trying both sizes I can be sure of this.

Lots of people say that it`s hit and miss with retro-fit aero wipers, some are good and some are really bad!

I was never happy with the ones I tried and after reading a few people saying the same thing I decided to get the facelift wiper arms and genuine blades... and they are brilliant! There`s some on ebay at the moment.

This is assuming your car is pre-facelift of course, but then why would you ask? lol!

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
can you link to the facelift set as not too sure what you mean by facelift/prefacelift ones?

also the reason im asking is my cousin recently ordered some for his megane and was telling me how much better they are then standard ones so seeing as my back ones need replacing thought i might as well order the set.

adaytorememb3r

I bought a set from Ebay.

Absolute rubbish, constant squeeking and noisy!

summi

Nov 16, 2009
Bedfordshire / Cambridge
i got mine off ebay, item number :- 280435649723 (as i cant yet post links)

anyway i got mine today and im pretty impressed, they were cheap but look good quality and like they will last, they fit perfectly and came with free delivery.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
can you link to the facelift set as not too sure what you mean by facelift/prefacelift ones?

also the reason im asking is my cousin recently ordered some for his megane and was telling me how much better they are then standard ones so seeing as my back ones need replacing thought i might as well order the set.

The Ibiza got a "facelift" in 06` - bigger bumpers, revised wheels etc... one of the upgrades were aero wipers and arms with a square mounting bracket that only takes original aero wipers, not the "retro-fit" ones you would find on ebay - the retro-fits are for the older hook type arms. Sorry I can`t find any good pics of them.

I tried retro-fits from a couple of places but eventually plumped up the cash to get the facelift arms and blades, and like I said they are brilliant.

There`s only one complete set on ebay at the moment, but the guy wants a lot for them: >>clickity<<
Got mine for £12 less than this but they are rare to come up.

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
The Ibiza got a "facelift" in 06` - bigger bumpers, revised wheels etc... one of the upgrades were aero wipers and arms with a square mounting bracket that only takes original aero wipers, not the "retro-fit" ones you would find on ebay - the retro-fits are for the older hook type arms. Sorry I can`t find any good pics of them.

I tried retro-fits from a couple of places but eventually plumped up the cash to get the facelift arms and blades, and like I said they are brilliant.

There`s only one complete set on ebay at the moment, but the guy wants a lot for them: >>clickity<<
Got mine for £12 less than this but they are rare to come up.

would i need the facelift square mounting bracket and if so how much is that and do you have a part number for it

adaytorememb3r

Im pretty sure it was my drivers side 21" wiper that was causing the noise, so ive changed it to a smaller 19" and looks like all is well again.

Bought from Xenons_uk.

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
what wiper size would people say say is the best to get as would ideally like to get the right ones the first time as im saving up towards a car tv so dont really want to waste money

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
would i need the facelift square mounting bracket and if so how much is that and do you have a part number for it

No the square mount is part of the 06> facelift wiper arms, all you would need is the blades to go with them.... the arms fit pre-facelift cars.
I don`t have part numbers I`m afraid.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
what wiper size would people say say is the best to get as would ideally like to get the right ones the first time as im saving up towards a car tv so dont really want to waste money

21" drivers side, 18" passenger.
Or a 20" drivers would do.

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
i use wiperblades.co.uk top nothc, put in make and model and voila, a choice and all the correct sizes for your car. simples

Aimez

I have got retro fit Bosche ones at first I thought they were really good but after 9 months and VERY low mileage/usage they started making horrible noises across the screen and I clean them when ever I clean the car. I am not sure what to do, what is the difference with getting the proper arms the blades are the same aren't they?