aero wipers

telwick

Jan 10, 2010
can anybody send me a link to the exact ones that would fit a mk4 ibiza? as i dont want to get the wrong ones? and also which one do you get for the rear?

Aimez

I have had Bosch ones on for only 9 months and (I only drive to work on a 5 minute commute each day) and they were making horrible noises! So wouldn't worry. Not sure what ones to go for need to get some myself this month. Anyone know where I can buy the Polo rear aero wiper as I don't know what year one to pick to fit?

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
Go for 21" drivers and 18" pasenger instead of 19" passenger... the bigger one lifts off the windscreen at the end and looks awful.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Go for 21" drivers and 18" pasenger instead of 19" passenger... the bigger one lifts off the windscreen at the end and looks awful.

I find my drivers one does the same. Instead of a nice sweeping arc, i have a similar shape to an archway. Stright up the sides, with a curve to the top.

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I find my drivers one does the same. Instead of a nice sweeping arc, i have a similar shape to an archway. Stright up the sides, with a curve to the top.

Hmmm, maybe a 20" drivers then, I can`t see it reducing the sweep too much.

Aimez

I got my last 2 sets from wiperblades.co.uk but they are a couple of pound cheaper on ebay. The Bosch ones I have sweep the screen okay just started making horrible noises and not working so well earlier than I thought for a good brand.

Thanks for that info Neo had the same blade on there for ages as don't use it much but it all dried out and screeches across the rear screen now!!

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
says 2001-2005 for mk5 polo is that the right one? Can't see aero blades for it on wiperblades website?

This one Aimez: clicky says 02 to 05.

The hole is`nt splined but tighten the nut down and it`s fine. oh, and file a bit off the cap.

Here is the wiper for it: clickity but that one from ebay comes complete.

Last edited:

Aimez

I already have the wiper itself Iahve had it for a couple of year but never changed the blade as obviously it is not used as much as but it is all fried up now. I was gonna just go measure it in the end but thanks for that link need to get some asap really!

Neo

Fool member
Mar 24, 2009
I already have the wiper itself Iahve had it for a couple of year but never changed the blade as obviously it is not used as much as but it is all fried up now. I was gonna just go measure it in the end but thanks for that link need to get some asap really!

Oh right yeah, I misunderstood. No probs :)

FR3000

Feb 14, 2008
North East
I've had a set of Bosch Aero blade retrofits on my 2005 Ibiza for about a year - they've been good so far but are about due to be changed.

Valeo also make retrofit items (old style valeos came on the car as OEM fit). Wiperblades.co.uk has got them but haven't done mucyh hunting around yet so don't know if they can be found cheaper somewhere else.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.